ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

MULTIPLAYER - CITY: Testing Needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: MULTIPLAYER - CITY: Testing Needed Reply with quote Back to top

Okay.... I need someone to look at this. This is STREETS (Full Version). It will only load 3 player max on PJ64. It could be my computer video card sucks or something. There are 4 respawn points so IF someone could please try and load the game in 4 player let me know how it turns out so I can put weapons in it. MultiplayerX

Due to legalities ask me for the file for play in PJ64. This is for private use only and not to be sold for profit.

GAMESHARK CODES REQUIRED:

"Archives Load"
8002A8F7 001D
8103755A 58C4

Last edited by MultiplayerX on Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have been trying for over an hour to get this level to load up in 4-Player mode. Two and three both seem to work fine, but four just won't start. This has been a problem dating back to the original Streets multi. I've switched around memory allocations, increased memory, modified your setup file... You name it, I've tried it. I'll continue to test out a few more ideas, but this isn't looking very promising.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well that actually is a relief that it will at least load in 3 player. I think we can live with that. you know it seems like the dad gummed respawn AMOUNTS might have been why this bloody thing wouldn't force load. I have an idea tonight. I'll let you know how it pans out.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck tried it with an empty setup and still wouldn't go 4P

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

okay I am now clueless after fiddling with some sh*t too. there is obviously a bug in the game or something that needs to be found. I will leave the true hacking to the professionals... Wink

to be quite honest it wasn't exactly a breeze to carefully select existing presets to use as respawns on the extended Street setup. since it uses objects and clipping to fill in the FULL level, sometimes you can actually accidentally move a piece of road and building out of place while placing respawns and objects and end up having to reload the file to keep everything in it's exact location. Shocked

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hehe, I always wanted to make an undo button, but it was too tough. It might've been easier in object menu, to just press Delete All of type of most types.

We think it's some kind of allocation problem in the -mgfx type block, but prob not cause of setup.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just spent some more time on this, but came up empty handed. Making adjustments to the memory allocation didn't help 4-Player mode to load. Even deleting the land mines and tank from the setup file wasn't enough. This simply doesn't want to start up with four players. I'll try a few more things. Don't get any hopes up, though.

Edit: Okay, I did manage to get the Streets to load up in 4-Player mode. However, I had to delete the entire object block and all unused presets to do it. I'm not sure if there were just too many objects / textures for the level to render, or if something more specific was causing it to loop endlessly. I'll test it out and see if I can find the problem.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I know what we can do. I'll design 2 versions: Half of Streets and then the other half. It probably is just too much telemetry for any multiplayer setup file to handle. oh well, no big deal...level needed to be split up anyway or it'd take forever to reach eachother. Laughing

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Just got a pm from zoinkity Reply with quote Back to top

There may still be hope:

To: MultiplayerX
Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:51 pm
Subject: Re: Testing needed

I'll try to see what is wrong. It will take at least a week to get back to the library though, so undoubtedly someone will get it before I do. Sigh...

Wait... Streets won't even start four player empty? I've played it four players before... It might have to do with the funny 'copy bug', since Streets and Frigate were both victims of that before.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I thought that the Streets was far too big for multiplayer as is. It'd be better if it was broken up into a smaller area. Maybe something more centralized, in the middle of the stage. That's up to you to decide.

I believe the loading problem might have something to do with the 27 Wheeled Vehicles. When I deleted the object group, it loaded up alright. I'll check it out from a fresh setup to be sure.

Edit: After deleting the Military Jeeps (27), Tank (2D), and Land Mines (03), then adding four additional spawn points, and removing the unused presets, the stage loaded in 4-Player mode. Now, I'm not sure if it's just a memory thing, which it would appear to be, but it'd need further testing. Tanks shouldn't be in multi, anyway. Unless they're set to 03 Standard type, because they aren't drivable in a multiplayer setting. Land Mines could be interesting, but aren't a necessity. Jeeps might be able to work as 03 Standard, if you adjust their Y Coordinates. This is a tricky bugger, Scotch. Wink

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know I can see now why it wasn't loading. That's a lot of damn vehicles placed across a half-assed clipped level. The level was kind of slapped together at the last minute from the looks of it, BUT very cool. Wink

I'll rewrite it when I have a wee more time. Peace, Thanks everyone for checking it out for me. MultiX

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: