ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

TimeSplitters

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: TimeSplitters Reply with quote Back to top

Any fellow TS fans here? My crappy memory card wiped out about a year ago and I had to start new files, TS2 is awesome and I'm actually enjoying Future Perfect this time (The first time through all I did was focus on the gameplay changes I didn't like). Haven't played TS1 again yet, that was only ever really good for its multiplayer.

If there are some fans here, I'd be interested in swapping TSFP MapMaker maps, I lost a lot of my good Goldeneye recreations when my card was wiped and I haven't been able to find them since. These are my maps:

Citadel
A Citadel recreation, a little on the small side (Before my card wiped I had both a large and small Citadel, my friends and I always preferred the smaller one) but I tried to keep it as true to the map as possible. When I originally did this Zoinkity's playable Citadel wasn't available yet, so I did my own gun and spawn placements, now that it is available I tried to mimic it as much as possible.

Crucifixation
A symmetrical team deathmatch map, started as a recreation of a TS2 recreation of a TS1 recreation of 2fort from TFC, it grew into something much different. Four "houses" connected to a large outside cross, the top of the houses have a small bunker with a gun turret that no one ever uses. There's also an alternate path under the cross, it goes into a small basement area with bodyarmor, this area also connects all the houses. It uses colored lighting to differentiate the different houses.

Crucifixation (Halved)
Same as above, but only the red and blue bases are accessible, yellow and green are still visible but you can't get in. I made this for Capture the Bag, for whatever reason they haven't let you play four team CTB since TS1 which sucks, it didn't make any sense to have two huge areas open when there's no point in going in them, it just took away some of the action. I cut off the other bases with windows, so you can still see them there, makes it feel like it's still the same map, like the Stack and Basement in Goldeneye.

Facility
A Facility recreation, not nearly as good as the one I made a year ago, I forget how I did that one. This has most of the level but no vent, which my old one had. Gun and spawn positions mimic the original except I added a few (It annoys me how little memory a spawn takes, almost none, compared to a crate...). There are a couple crates and barrels, not nearly as many as I'd like, leaves the level feeling bare in places. Those two high ceilings in the green hallway are now completely open to the outside and snow falls in, it looks great. I also put a hole over the stall where the vent would be, it snows in there too. The AI has a hard time with the doors on this map, I'm not sure why, they'll just get stuck in rooms from time to time.

Catwalk
Brand new map I made the other night, haven't played it with humans yet but the AI seems to work good here. It started as a recreation of the bottom of the Cradle, using a huge number of stackable tiles and death rooms to kill you when you fall, unfortunately it ate up memory way too fast, so I remodeled it slightly, there are two bases with a catwalk between them, if you fall off you die. I gave it the illusion of floating in the air by changing the lighting of all the rooms off the catwalk to 000 black and used the abstract sky, the catwalk has normal lighting, this almost makes it look like the map is surrounded by mountains, it works really good.

I can't connect to the internet to upload/download maps, so they'll have to be done as images.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be interested to at least see them in action. Some shots. The mapmaker was a cool idea, but somehow the maps never seemed to be easy to distribute.

I personally eagerly anticipated TS1 and was bitterly disappointed. Not much to it. I mean it was all right. TS2 was also a similar disappointment. The only level I thought was Goldeneye-like was the first level, and it was better in the beta version (seriously) from a demo cd. Just played better. I dunno, just haven't fallen for the TS series. Never tried FP.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I've seen your TS2 beta page, where did you get that demo? I'd like to see if I could track down a copy.

As for my maps, I have no way of getting you any screens, I don't have a digital camera or anything. The MapMaker in TS1 and TS2 is really limited compared to TSFP though, they made it a lot better, but it can still be fairly limiting especially when it comes time to place your weapons and items, they eat up way too much memory. If I was going to design the MapMaker I'd change the way it works, you'd be able to layout floors, walls, pillars, and staircases, and detail pieces separately rather than have set tiles and pick from a limited set of textures, this would keep it simple to use and allow much more freedom. It'd probably take even more memory that way though.

And back on the subject of TS2, I think they tried to make Siberia as Goldeneye-like as possible, it's easily my favorite level. Chicago and Atom Smasher had a bit of the Goldeneye feel to them as well.

Future Perfect's story mode is improved, the storyline is presented to you in game and you interact with the characters in the time periods rather than becoming them. The thing I don't like about it is its slow and holds your hand too much, rather than having to "go out of your way" to accomplish your objectives you're led right to them, that bothers me, it lacks that freedom of exploration. There was a tiny Goldeneye tribute in this game, in the forth mission you're on Khallos's train, the passenger cars are almost identical to the cars in Goldeneye.

SiberianSpecialForces
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i <3 timesplitters-my fav is 2. i remember first playing it in junior high and instantly in love with it. me and my friends used to play it all the time...those were the days *sigh*

GE64.net
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

W used to sell memory cards with our custom levels on them $15.00 a card!
We made a good deal.

mike_donavan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You mean gamecube right? HAHA LOL!
We made enough to move GE64.net that way!
All right!
Love My Life
I have a kid
Freinds and A Job
Every Day I always wish I could quit..

-Its A Life-

I need one

TRUTH! Stop Smoking

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you have the ps2 or xbox version of Timesplitters: Future Perfect, you can host your maps online...meaning people can download the maps for free or you can play in your own maps up to 16 players online!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: