ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Having trouble with goldeneye level editer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I see what you mean. One question subdrag, will there ever be an option for swapping the music?

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i wanted to make Mayday your ally in my Citadel mission. i've already imported all off Natalia's action blocks from the Jungle and assigned one to Mayday. in the Jungle setup the action block assigned to Natalia was action block 0408, i believe. so i exported 0408 and then imported it into my mission setup action blocks, then assigned it to Mayday. but then i discover that in 0408 there is a sub action block called "JAL To Function (Guard [whatever called it]) (JAL TO: 0407)". so since 0408 is linked to 0407 by a "JAL To Function" action block, i then exported 0407 from UsetupjunZ.bin and imported it to my mission setup's action blocks. BUT THEN I DISCOVER that 0407 also has 2 of it's own "JAL To Function" sub blocks so i then got the rest of the linked ones into my mission setup. after i kept reimporting and exporting action blocks just to make it so Mayday does the exact same thing as Natalia, i ended up with 6 action blocks all interlinked by "JAL To function" action blocks. so now that i got the ally action blocks into my setup i assigned the 0408 action block to Mayday and it should have worked since the other 5 are linked to 0408 and are also linked to each other. but when i tested it, the Citadel music started up atleast, but the FPS of Project64 went OUT OF CONTROL and the game just froze. the bottom line is i'm just totally confused as to what i did wrong. would it have something to do with the fact the there is no swirl intro camera? there is a sub action block in 0408 "Detect if currently in intro camera, return value loop if so" but there is no intro camera. i really want to learn to do the action blocks all by myself, but i'd feel alot better if someone could just do this damn ally thing for me. Shocked

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's the exact same thing that happened to me when I tried importing them for Trevelyan in the Facility.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's probably a lot of bad presets. The presets in that one level are totally different than the other, so if you give it bad ones it'll crash. The fade thing shouldn't be a problem unless you're loading Cuba. If you post that setup I can take a look. It's tricky, but if we get it this time, we can probably condense to a better version that can be imported into any level.

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

here's the setup: http://two.xthost.info/00dark/usetupjunzcitadelpathsets.bin see what you can do with it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, first of all, the main problem I see is that your display text will not work. It is loading the jungle text bank, which is not loaded and will cause your game to crash. If you're using wreck's setup, he gave you which text file to use.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I havn't replied in a while, my computer was out of comission for a while. Well I feel for you, I am so lost with the editor, but as I have learned in the past, the best policy is to stick with it. The question still stands with the music function though... I have made the game freeze just from puting in a bunch of troops in dam. I made the level barebone then totally changed it, but the game freezes. Ah well, an undo button would be very helpful.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Dam level you need to delete all of the intro cam type 3 swirl points. I don't know why, it's been a bug since V1.

An undo would be very helpful, but it's really hard to implement.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I saw an article for it using the C++ engine, but I no longer know where to find it. You may want to refer to the http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/default.asp? forums. This particular forum has some of the best programmers on the net, they are sure to be a help with bugs and ect. Thanks for Dam advice; that is sure to help.

PS. when I say "dam advice" I meant the level dam, I just realized that was worded wrong-ish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: