ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Anyone have the ZTNet Adaptoid?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pushrock_is_Trevelyan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Anyone have the ZTNet Adaptoid? Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.ztnetstore.com/product_info.php?ref=45&products_id=38

this looks like the only way to connect the real mccoy controllers for emulation action. searching around and they seem to be well received, but id love some first hand accounts.

their not exactly a novelty item at 36 a pop, so a quick review would be appreciated.

at that price my dream of four players all on nintendo brand controllers may be further off than expected.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can honestly say that the emulator vets swear the adaptoid is like a dream. Hard to say if these will get into production again. I've got the ps/n64 usb adapters and they all work without a problem for me. Some have had issues however I think, but none that I've found. They are cheap enough that they are worth the risk for the enjoyment.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I purchased 2 of them and received them a few days ago.

I'm running Windows 2000, I didn't need any new drivers to operate them, I just plugged them in and used the default input plugin for PJ64, just mapped out all the buttons. Control is just like on the console.

You will have to install drivers though if you want to use the rumble pack or the memory card options.

I have one hooked up to a regular grey controller and to an atomic purple - both work flawlessly.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. Just curious, did you set the deadzone?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I left the deadzone setting at the default of 25 percent. Though I'm not sure that is the best setting, I haven't played much with it. I started playing Zelda Ocarnia of Time and the analog stick seems maybe just a bit touchy. Maybe a value of 30-35 percent might be better, I'm not sure

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am currently getting the anpitoid. I already have the USB Block connector which I got last night,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: