ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

want to port levels to goldeneye

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: want to port levels to goldeneye Reply with quote Back to top

I saw wrecks thread with porting perfect dark to goldeneye or vice versa, and I was playing around with the idea of doing that with super mario and goldeneye. How would I port levels, or create my own levels?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first step is getting Mario levels to a model. You could maybe use nemu plugins to export models - otherwise you'll need to do the conversion yourself. After that we can talk.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can I get a link to that exporter? I'll get right on it after that. And it would also be helpful to include zion kitty's citadel patch, because I cant find it on the rare witch project site. Thanks in advance Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure what it's called, TR64?

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok, I checked it out, but i'm not sure what to do. It appears to be an emulater and I do not see the way to export stuff into the .obj format.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea, I think it exports to VRML? You'll need to poke around and find out, I haven't tried it myself. It eventually needs to get into .obj format.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like a wild goose chase. Ah well, I guess i better start figuring it out sooner then later. Thanks for all the help subdrag:D

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you could pull the display lists and point tables directly from the object binaries (after decompressing them, of course) but the trouble is Mario64 uses a different type of ucode. All the commands are convertible, but different.

The same goes for Zelda, which is one I'm interested in. Anything using ucode 3 (or a variant) is feasible for a competant hacker. It might be a while before we see non-Rare stage ports though.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone out there use the same microcode as Goldeneye (besides PD)? Banjo is different. Zelda is different. etc. Maybe Blast Corps is worth looking at.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dam, to bad i'm not a compitent hacker. Well, if I am to become one I need the information to get started. Anything I can check out to learn a conversion method for the code? I remember seeing a bianary for conversion from avi format to .mov I don't know if that would help at all. Anyways, I still need the citadel patch, or how to locate it.

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

omg i just had a grand idea on how to make the Citadel mission!! i was thinking to make it a level where you play as Bond and you fight side by side with Joanna Dark whose gone back in time to try to stop the birth of the Datadyne Corp. both MI6 and the Carrington Institute want the same group to be eliminated- The Battle Bastards. yes, thats right! two perfect agents fighting as one! my username signature isn't just for nothing. 007 + Joanna Dark = 00dark. however i would need to port Joanna Dark's character model over to GoldenEye somehow. then i would replace Natalia's image with Jo Dark's character image then assign action blocks and mission text to her. i wonder if this is possible?

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it's completely possible, you may want to pm subdrag, wreck or zion kitty they have been porting models and entire levels, so a character would n't be so hard.

I think that is an excellent idea 00dark! That would be the most awsome game of all time:D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: