ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Train Mod: Japanese Storage Train

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Train Mod: Japanese Storage Train Reply with quote Back to top

I'm working on a new mission, I'll post a vid when it starts working.

I just need help with a few things.

1) How to end a level. At the end of the vid is a large roller door. I want a bike to be next to it, and when you press B on it, the mission should end.

2) The camera doesn't work. How do I give Bond the Camera so he can photograph the model of the GoldenEye satelite?

3) Is satelite spelled correctly?

4) I hate the way I typed the breifing. Anyone want to add to it?

YOU MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO ANSWER SOME OF THESE UNTIL I POST THE VID. IT SHOULDN'T TAKE TOO LONG.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. You need to detect in action blocks if 16 object activated. Make sure the motorbike is assigned a 16-object.

2. You should be able to make the thing he's photographing a 16-object, and in objectives just check if camera takes picture of that object.

3. Satellite

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, I knew I spelt it wrong.

But when I give Bond a camera, it appears as _ in inventory and doesn't work.

Heres the vid, I had to put it to "This ain't a scene, it's an arms race" Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdzmCq_wCPQ

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty cool level. You're seeing texture glitches because you have so many variations in objects, and the level can only handle so many (what memory is allocated).

The camera doesn't work? Weird.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Tank is causing the glitches. I don't want it rideable, so I made it a standard object. Then the glitchy symbols started.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It must use a lot of textures.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's almost certainly a texture issue. There are several ways to fix it. The easiest way is to simply use several gameshark codes to load this stage via the facility (use the facility's setup file instead of the train's setup file and force the facility to load the train's BG, clipping, and music data). The other way is to tweak the texture allocation values. Subdrag and wreck I know both played around with that method with moderate success. I haven't tried it yet so if you want to try that method you'll have to talk to one of them.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually quite enjoy writing out briefing text for missions. If you'd like, I could go over your L_E.bin file and see if I can do anything to spruce it up a bit. It seems pretty decent from the video, though. Up to you.

The tank used to give me some screwy texture errors when I'd add it into different levels using GameShark codes. That was from using the proper object type, however. Perhaps the number of images it uses is causing a problem with the memory allocation, as already suggested.

If you'd like, you could send me any of your files to check over. I'm sure I could help get the camera objective working. Let me know.

It's coming along well, and is certainly not terrible. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol, thanks wreck. I gave up on the tank, its a jeep now.

Couple of things, if I select white tux as the bond arm, will that give me connery's tux? Cause I used Jungle, and now I've got jungle bonds suit.

BTW, I lost this file, it did what Office did, I couldn't open the file. (Invalid fiel) so i had to restart. Crying or Very sad

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Connery's model was deleted, it loads Brosnan's instead. Speaking of that, would it be possible to clone Brosnan's tux model but make it load the other three textures instead? It seems like they're all designed to fit on the same model, unlike the heads.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know, I had thought about that once before, then totally forgot about it. It may actually be worth checking that out. For the other two black tuxedos, it should be as simple as switching the chest texture. As for Connery's white tux, it may require a little tweaking. The faces, however, are a completely different story.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe Zoinkity has done this.

Check your Goldeneye Setup Editor folder, in IPS patches - it's called 4-bonds.ips.

The faces eventually need to be placed on a properly modelled head. That is currently difficult.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome. I saw that patch, but I never knew what it did.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: