ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Clipping...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Clipping... Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to inform everyone that I *do not* have some sort of clipping utiltity that magically creates perfect tiles. Plus, for those that have recently attacked my inbox and PMed some rather nasty letters insisting I give it to Sub, let me just say that if I *did* have one he'd already have the source for it. Sub has virtually everything I've worked on, even the stuff that's crappy and doesn't work or just can't be incorporated. Heck, he already has the source for the tile linking utility. Usually I'd PM you lot individually, but there were enough to merit a nice, general response.

I can't tell you how to use the tools in the editor either, since I can't use it myself ;*) The visual editor requires more ram than I have. I do know you click the upper right word to change it from 'edit objects' to 'edit something else' to 'edit clipping'. It also helps if you make clipping visible. Then, right-clicking should let you make tiles somehow.
As for more complex tricks and debugging, I'll write something on that soon. For right now, know:
-only let triangles touch portals
-make sure triangles don't cross a portal or you'll get funny errors
-don't 'bend' a quadrilateral
-tiles only connect when their faces touch
-ladders must be perfectly 90degrees
-everything must be counterclockwise!
-no tiles over 10 points!

It really isn't that hard anyway. Just align the points to the points on the walls. You know a floor when you see one.

G5's clipping was based on the PD clipping. PD's tiles were exported directly to GE, which nets completely unusable garbage. It was only used as a guideline for the incidental lighting and positioning. You must use these points then to generate your own tiles. So, for new stages, you'd have to create your own from scratch anyway. Be thankful - G5 was done entirely in a hex editor, and you get a nice IDE.

Car Park is in the works unless someone beats me to it. It isn't worth posting since only the bottom floor and one of the walkway-tower thingies are done (rooms 2-15, probably). -and before anyone gets started, both Sub and Wreck have the binaries. Virtually everything needs to be changed, so it is slow going. The trickiest part though was allowing players to drop off of the higher areas, which requires layering tiles on top of each other. It also requires manually connecting a lot of stuff because of the way the linking utility works. Unlike G5 though, this shouldn't be too buggy.

Sub has the lastest G5 supplement now. There were a few problem areas, mostly quads at room boundries. It should be fixed now. Maybe. Also, all credit for the stage goes to SubDrag and Wreck. They ported the whole thing, including the clipping.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say, I am very disappointed to hear of these messages. Zoinkity is an incredible hacker, whom I have the utmost respect for. It pains me to hear that people on this very forum have been PM'ing him with some rather nasty comments regarding GoldenEye hacking. He has been more than willing to send SubDrag and myself any of the projects he's working on, even in early stages. As he has stated, if he did have some sort of utility to automate the clipping, he'd have e-mailed it to us already. I'd like those responsible for messaging Zoinkity with angry words to apologize. I don't know who you are, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I've tried the updated version of the G5 Building (Combat Simulator Version), and the clipping problems have been corrected. There was only one section where the portal issue occurs, though it isn't apparent when the Stage Scale is set to 1.0 (3F80 0000). Plus, in only one room did I walk out of the level, but only while using Turbo Mode and running around like a jackass. It really is a fantastic piece of work. Without Zoinkity's efforts to remake clipping for the PD ports, we'd still be scratching our heads. I personally am really looking forward to seeing how the Car Park turns out. Smile

Zoinkity, if you're interested, the location I am speaking of is...

Rooms
02 - 04 (the narrow slot)

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: okay I am pissed Reply with quote Back to top

Zoinkity has probably made more things possible in Goldeneye than any other hacker in GE history along with Subdrag and Wreck. I am very disappointed people are doing this crap. Please stop doing it, MultiplayerX

Zoink don't sweat it brother because it's all about the team. We go way back and these people just don't appreciate the legacy of this whole deal. In the end, it's your friends that really matter.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a shame what people have done to you. Ironically you have been more helpful the the cause then anyone could have imagined. I've seen your other posts and I was thinking (before you sent this out) that if you had a utility that subdrag and wreck would already have it. Wreck's right, however did this should pm you back and apologize.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: