ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

how do i port Perfect Dark levels to GoldenEye?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: how do i port Perfect Dark levels to GoldenEye?! Reply with quote Back to top

ok, i already know that the level backgrounds need to be in obj format for porting. however, what the hell do i need to do this?! do i need an emulator or some obj exporter to do this? i am clueless! someone help help me! PLEASE!!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, leave porting PD to the big dogs, we've written a convertor, but it's not public. Other games you'll need to somehow get the levels into .obj format, using a model viewer or what. If you can get it out of a game into some model format, use maya or blender to convert to .obj. That's to start.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag and myself can handle porting all of the background files into GoldenEye, as well as the necessary textures. The clipping isn't such an easy feat, however. It needs to be remade, using the original PD tiles only as a guideline. Zoinkity is the only one who currently possesses both the knowledge and the patience to do so. For now, it's probably a good idea to leave it to the three of us. Once we have enough to offer up, we'll include them in the Editor, allowing others to create their own setup files for multiplayer or mission mode.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please PM me that convertor so i can atleast try. Sad

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's private

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I reccomend you download the trail version of 3ds max. I personally have the complete version. It can convert the file.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not all PD stages port either. There are a few ops that don't seem implemented, and GE can only handle up to 255 rooms. Some PD stages have more.
In addition, if you have a crappy computer like mine, the convertor doesn't work at all.
Clipping is nearly impossible. It doesn't port, so you have to do it by hand. For that you need to know the format, be really bloody good with a hex editor, and have another program written by myself. In addition to that, there are parts of PD action, like falling from heights etc. that can only be done using really nasty complex tricks that don't always work.

There's another really excellent reason, and that has to do with portability. What happens if three different people all port the same stage but they don't all use the same formatting? There is no guarantee it will be editor compatible, or that setups designed for one version are compatible with another version of the same stage.

Be patient. We'll get them out slow but sure. In the meantime work on new stages. It isn't nearly the nightmare.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: