ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

trying out editor with DirectX 8.1 need help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: trying out editor with DirectX 8.1 need help. Reply with quote Back to top

ok, BMW said that the new setup editor will work perfectly with DirectX 8.1. he said that it requires the following 3 .dll's in order for it to function with DirectX 8.1:

d3d9.dll
d3dx9_31.dll
d3dx9d_31.dll

i have DirectX 8.1 installed after i uninstalled DirectX 9.0c and i have these 3 .dll's in the editor folder. however, i'm getting an error message that reads:

"The D3D9.DLL file is linked to missing export GDI32.DLL:GdiEntry13"

"A device attached to the system is not functioning"

that error is caused by GdiEntry13, which is located inside GDI32.DLL, which is a sub .dll of D3D9.DLL. here is a screenshot of what i'm talking about using Dependancy Walker:

i think i need a fixed d3d9.dll. i really want to try to use DX 8.1 for the editor because the program crashes very often on my PC making it hard for me to make levels. BMW said that it would work PERFECTLY with DX 8.1 so i want to try it.

BTW bmw: did you try this method with a windows98? the .dll error is prob because my computer is not up to date and has outdated .dll's or something. seriously, one of these days i am definately going to get a windowsXP. they are SO MUCH BETTER!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm actually running Windows 2000. I have no idea what problems you might run into on Windows 98.

But yeah - I'm running DirectX 8.1 and the addition of those 3 files made it run fine.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BMW are you using the same 3 DLLs from the editor? Or other ones?

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah SubDrag is right, are you using different .dll's? can i please try your .dll's? i need answers! Shocked

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have dx9, if I can give it to you.

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no, i just need to try bmw's 3 .dlls. if he's using different ones, then that may very well be the problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: