ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE Emulation on Detstar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: GE Emulation on Detstar Reply with quote Back to top

I have started playing with the site on Word and is coming smoothly. I preferred the Detstar format because it is all in one place and goes into detail. I started by looking off this site but it wasn't all copying. I will add online play, how to get ROMs, the controller, and GS hacking.

The link is here. I will update often and since it's from my site it will automatically update.

Comment please Exclamation

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, I cant see it well, using OpenOffice and it isnt formatting correctly over here, but glad to see you are working on an easy-to-read tutorial Youre going to eventually save it as HTML, right?

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kcghost wrote:
Youre going to eventually save it as HTML, right?

Yes, that's how it started. I converted it to Word to work on it. I've updated a few times so check back regularly. I'm open to suggestions and will let others on the forum give clearance for me to mail it. I currently have everything on one page but I could put stuff on the sidebar. It's a little hard to make those title things though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't want to load for me.
But once it's in HTML form, be sure to post the new link. Smile

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
It doesn't want to load for me.
But once it's in HTML form, be sure to post the new link. Smile

Try this.

I had a few problems with pictures though.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't see the screenshots (you need to upload that entire folder "Emulation_Site_files") and one of the paragraphs has the color option in its font tag missing (causing it to be black and not seen until highlighted), but as ar as I can see, you are making a good effort. Remember to take many screenshots. Most people are frightened by alot of text and nothing to see along with it.

Alot of this is very familiar ... Smile . You can follow information such as GE-Forevers and my tutorial, but a suggestion would be to go step by step yourself, and write nearly everything in your own words. Gain an opinion, go step by step. Another suggestion is take very many screenshots, take advantage of HTML, my tutorial was all text, and all text frightens people. Also, my info and GE-Forever's contradict on a couple points, like plugins, so I would suggest avoiding the mistake I made and be a bit more universal.

In short, Crack Your Fingers, Take Screens, And Start Writing.

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kcghost wrote:
I can't see the screenshots (you need to upload that entire folder "Emulation_Site_files") and one of the paragraphs has the color option in its font tag missing (causing it to be black and not seen until highlighted), but as ar as I can see, you are making a good effort. Remember to take many screenshots. Most people are frightened by alot of text and nothing to see along with it.

Alot of this is very familiar ... Smile . You can follow information such as GE-Forevers and my tutorial, but a suggestion would be to go step by step yourself, and write nearly everything in your own words. Gain an opinion, go step by step. Another suggestion is take very many screenshots, take advantage of HTML, my tutorial was all text, and all text frightens people. Also, my info and GE-Forever's contradict on a couple points, like plugins, so I would suggest avoiding the mistake I made and be a bit more universal.

In short, Crack Your Fingers, Take Screens, And Start Writing.

I got that paragraph fixed. I have the "Emulation_Site_files" folder you mentioned and uploaded it to the site. I'll get it into the HTML later. As for the content I used some of this site's and KC's tutorial temporarily until I could get all the information and consider getting more than one link on the sidebar. I'll also get those screens.

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Should I add anything else? There seems to be a lot of GS stuff.

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

clowns789 wrote:
Should I add anything else? There seems to be a lot of GS stuff.

I considered adding GS codes that were posted (the Zoink/Wreck thousand liners.) Is any of that already in KC's code list?

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have added two things:

1. A .txt file with all of 1.7

2. A .html file of Statue on Detstar

The first will be the beginning of a comprehensive code list and the second a site to map the Statue out, the only level out of the 12 on Detstar that cannot be selected.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: