ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

CMP lock on - cheap or not?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: CMP lock on - cheap or not? Reply with quote Back to top

I just freakin love double cmp's with the lock on. It's just a big piss off for the opponent, but hey it's hilarious. I don't think it's cheap because well it's in the game and legit weaponry.

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the Farsight XR-20 is in the game and is "legit weaponry", but are you gonna say it's not cheap? just because it's in the game, doesn't mean it isn't cheap. I think it's kind of cheap, but it still takes some accuracy to use.

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If its a explosive's only match then it can be loads of fun. What I hate is when you have that one realy untallented kid who just runs around racking up kills with rockets. In moderation, though, it can be funny as heck.

And personally, if the farsight is in the match then its fair game, but if I have any choice in the match rules than I usually just opt it out.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, Farsight. If it's all Farsights then it's fair right?

DELETED

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The FarSight-XR20 is a cheap ass weapon period. It reminds me of the experimental weapon that was in the film "Eraser". You could use it to see through walls and identify targets, then blast them away with a single round. It takes almost no skill to operate, unless you aren't using the automatic lock-on. Even still, nudging the sights a little bit while tracking an opponent from the other end of the stage takes less talent to pull off than a kill from an upclose, in-your-face firefight.

What does the CMP150 lock-on do exactly? I know it puts a border around your opponent, making them stand out better, but is there another use for it? I don't play too much PD, so I'm unsure of the exact function.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

These weapons basically look through walls. The blue box surrounds the target and you know where they are hiding if you get a lock.

But a true FPS GM knows the autoaims hurt them in the end. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When a Sim has a Farsight, I don't think it would shoot through walls. My study of Sims show that Simulants can not use it to shoot through walls. When I was facing a DarkSim, DarkSims and Simulants do not go for headshots, so I was crouching at arena Villa of a spot to gain cover. I can still see Sim heads though. When they used the Farsight, the bullet did not go through the wall edge to my chest. So I scored some easy headshots while that Simulant was standing there shooting hopelessly. You can say it's cheap, Wreck, but I think it's misunderstood.

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
Bah, Farsight. If it's all Farsights then it's fair right?

If a weapon is in the match, than teqnically its fair game. Its all really what people will think of you if that is the only way you can win. Its like the old saying, "winning isnt everything." If someone really has a problem with it, then they should just option it out of the match. If they don't then you can use whatever you want if your that desperate to win.

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully you can find players who use more than the farsight as their main weapon. But a little variety in your play. If I ask and sense the person is good and doesn't use the same weapon all the time, I'll fight with them.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh, that reminds me. i had made a weapon that looked like a farsight, it could see and shoot throgh walls. plus it was an automatic, it's shots sounded like the dy357lx. it had psychosis infect as a primary function and the farsight target locater as a secondary function. it's psychosis shots could even shoot through walls! plus you can drill someone through a wall with rapid fire farsight one hit kill ammo! it could even zoom through walls as well. i called it: "The Cheapest Gun Ever". i had wrote the code on a piece of paper that i had unfortunately lost. i can easily remake it though if you guys want the code.

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That sounds like a pretty cool weapon. Cheap, no doubt, but cool. That would be fun in a smaller arena with a crap load of ppl. It would be a really quick match, but sometimes its fun that way.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank goodness it's only a video game. I wonder how hologram technology is going, get some really good scenario's of anything, even PD.

D.J Cat
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nope none of the weapons on this game ar echeap, its all fair game.
If you want to see cheapness and unblanncedness in a game then play Smash Bros Melee at a competitve level. Everyone wins using the same 4-5 characters...
In PD, you KNOW where the good weapons are so whoever fights and gets it first deserves it.
I make an exception with the Laptop Gun though...that thing is lame.

But the Farsight is not even all that powerful.
Seriously - it very easy to dodge the bullets, especially if you can see the screen as well.

Anyway, back to the original point...
The CMP150 can rack up some pretty easy kills, indeed.
But against highly skilled opponeents, you will barely get the chance to lock on so yeah...

MEH! Surprised

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Maxout

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So nothing else better has came out to top GE or PD. Not even Halo. I guess gaming is understood too well.

Yes, the lock really isn't too cheap. Maybe out in the open where you're too far away, but something like the sewers or pipes it doesn't work too well. I hardly use it myself. I want to be the one who gets the kill, not the auto-aim.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: