ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Controller Style

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which controller style?
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2+
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Controller Style Reply with quote Back to top

Which controller style you use? I use 1.2, I can look around easier and speedrun easier too. Seriously, people should try 1.2 if they never had -- It's confusing at first, but you get used to it easily.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use 1.1. I was playing PD yesterday and interestingly 2.X are all gone. Wonder if was just too annoying to support in multi.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1.1, just feels the most natural to me. I need to switch the controls in any modern FPS to emulate this style, I can't stand having move and turn on separate sticks.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
1.1, just feels the most natural to me. I need to switch the controls in any modern FPS to emulate this style, I can't stand having move and turn on separate sticks.

Same here

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never tried 2+, but yeah, it would be annoying for all that support. People don't think at the same thing at the same time, though it's probably there for our curiosity in 2 players playing in 1 player in Solo.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The original control scheme for both GoldenEye and Perfect Dark is the easiest to get adjusted to and most comfortable. I've used 1.2 on GE to achieve some better speedrun times, but it's usually only a few seconds shorter than my 1.1 completions. The 2.X schemes were actually kind of fun to play around with, as it gave the feeling of holding a pistol. Strangley enough, it reminds me of the way using the Wiimote & Nunchuck feels.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Subdrag, probably because it didn't show the double handed options because you didn't plugged in another controller.

FireFarseer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1.2, I would have liked it if the controller had two analog sticks instead, though.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried all but I prefer the original controller style because I am accustomed to play any games. I wonder why there are different controller style?

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Because some people are more accustomed to other controller style rather than the original.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well.. when i got REAL N64 i always used 1.2, cause the more accurate up/down shooting, i have to admit it's the BEST style, but nowadays with emulator i use 1.1, but changed controls (like 1.1, but analog movement) it gives my friends a change to win also Smile the up/down aim really sucks in 1.1, but hey, this is only my opinion... Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: