ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Emulator Citadel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Emulator Citadel Reply with quote Back to top

i know its kinda a noob question, but when playing citadel via emulator, do you need to connect the n64 to computer? on top of that, do you just enter the codes into the cheat directory in 1964?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are two versions of Citadel:
1. For cosole
2. For emulator

For Emulator has nothing to do with the console at all, and it relatively simple. It invovles a ROM patch, and thats pretty much it. You use a prog like smartIPS to pathch your Goldeneye ROM and you are done. Download Citadel and read the help file for details (because it doesn't take up that much space, I included it in the Master List, along with SmartIPS).

For console is a bit more complicated, well at least I think it is becasue I have never done it Smile . GSCC has to be set up and you have to have that connection to your pc. You upload one code to replace Library or something with Citadel, but the cool part is the actual upload. Use the RareWitch Uploader that comes with it to Upload Citadel. Every Time on console Citadel wants to be played, you have to upload it. You need to upload every restart, (that you want to play it of course) since it is taking shaky advantage of the Gameshark.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The version released publically is actually a one time upload deal. All you have to do is activate a few codes, upload the file, and boom. It places the data for the clipping, presets, respawns, and the level select image in a position of memory where it isn't overwritten after the stage has been exited. This way, it's only necessary to do it once. Extremely clever idea Zoinkity came up with. Smile

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

awesome. i got it to work. that made my day.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Maxout

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I need to try this computer stuff, it looks like a cool level.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: