ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Cool Ways to use a PD Weapon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Cool Ways to use a PD Weapon Reply with quote Back to top

Here are some tricks I found when using specific types of Weapons.

Most Weapons:
Tap B+Z to quickly use it's secondary function to switch back to primary function automatically. Such as you're busy firing at an opponent with a Falcon then they get near you and you tap B+Z to whack them with pistol whip.

CMP150:
Rapid fire uses auto-aim, while Lock-on Aim does not.

RCP120:
Bring out this gun, then cloak. Then hold Z. It will keep firing and after the magazine is depleted, though, still hold Z. You'll cloak without the ammo! This will cause Negative ammo when reloading back into the magazine, meaning you'll reload a lot more than usual.

Laptop Gun:
If you lay your Laptop Gun on the wall, you can take it off by pressing B next to it.

Crossbow:
First off, make the weapon switch to Secondary Mode. Go find a target and aim carefully. Quickly tap B+Z and you'll launch a sedate, then instantly press Z again to launch a one hit kill. This can really annoy your friends and make your targets easier when they come back.

Callisto NTG:
Use the X-Ray scanner so you can have a better shot with High Impact Shells through objects -- And the weird thing is that without it, the opponent has to be near as in touching the object, but the X-Ray Vision extends it further.

Combat Knife:
First, get double combat knife to do this trick. Switch to primary mode. Hold B+Z and let go to throw the knife. The graphics will change. It will have knife slash, but your knifes will look as they're meant to be thrown. Interesting.

Throw a combat knife on a dead body so that player would respawn poisoned.

Farsight:
Switch to Primary Mode. Make sure there is an enemy somewhere. Aim to start the X-ray vision. If you hold the left or right C buttton, it will find it's target for you, even though it's in Primary Mode. You can let go of those C buttons to rail around if you wish.

Rocket Launcher/Slayer:
Pick up the weapon first, draw it out, and then pick up ammo box last. So you won't waste any ammo.

Rocket Launch depends on how you move. If you stay still, it will reach the target where you aimed.

You can use the Slayer Missile to fly out of a level, though this will cause the missile to lose signal.

Mines:
Timed Mines have a better chance of killing if you stick them onto other players/sims. Proximity Mines would take time. Remote Mines, you just detonate them whenever you wish, though remember if you're too far away you must face where you laid the mine in that general direction to send the signal.

Grenade:
Hold Z and count to 3, then throw it so it can be detonated in 1 second. This trick also finishes off Trevelyan in Cradle of Goldeneye in 1 shot of the speedrun videos. Haha!

Tell me if you spot anything interesting in PD Weapons that I haven't listed yet.

Last edited by cactus on Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:51 pm; edited 3 times in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait, you can throw an instant kill arrow from the crossbow?

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uh... Yes, infact it's the secondary function.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh wait, sorry, I got mixed up. I was thinking about the tranquilizer.

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Use the slayer to fire the missle through the holes in the ceilings of random levels.

I find 'punch' substantially better than 'disarm.'

Use the devastator to fire upwards if you tilt it at a 65-75 degree angle in the car park.

You can take the labtop sentry off the wall when it's out instead of destroying it.

Falcon 2 Scope can equal a submachine gun in the correct hands.

Don't be Elvis in Multiplayer, head too big.

Keep the K7 in secondary mode(theat detector) at all times.

Threat detection on mines is probably underused.

Mauler should always be used in secondary mode.

Proximity pinball isn't your friend, be sure you can get far away.

Cyclone is awful imo.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I've never gotten proximity pinball to ever work, and not kill me. I do find the cyclone to be an excellent gun, however.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maxout wrote:
Use the slayer to fire the missle through the holes in the ceilings of random levels.

I find 'punch' substantially better than 'disarm.'

Use the devastator to fire upwards if you tilt it at a 65-75 degree angle in the car park.

You can take the labtop sentry off the wall when it's out instead of destroying it.

Falcon 2 Scope can equal a submachine gun in the correct hands.

Don't be Elvis in Multiplayer, head too big.

Keep the K7 in secondary mode(theat detector) at all times.

Threat detection on mines is probably underused.

Mauler should always be used in secondary mode.

Proximity pinball isn't your friend, be sure you can get far away.

Cyclone is awful imo.

I am not going to add opinions or suggestions. But I will add facts on how interesting the weapon can be, only for your use (Not sim).

The Falcon (Scope)/Cyclone can be good in the right hands, though I won't add that.

Things like the Laptop Gun Sentry, yes I forgot about that, and it should be added.

I will also not add common sense.

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How are the online sessions, cactus? Is everyone wondering why I haven't tried it yet?

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't tried it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: