ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

One More GE Map in PD...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What Other Multi Map from GE Would You Have Liked Most in PD?
Caves
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Library
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Bunker ii
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Archives
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Caverns
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Egyptian
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: One More GE Map in PD... Reply with quote Back to top

Don't get excited, this is a hypothetical question only. There aren't any other GoldenEye maps in Perfect Dark, as far as we know. Krijy checked into it and was unable to locate anything. I'm just curious to know which of the other multiplayer stages from GE you would've most liked to have had in PD. Excluding the mission levels that weren't in multi. Select one from the Poll list and give your reason.

(Excluding Basement & Stack, as they are parts of Library)
(Excluding Statue & Cradle, as they were unavailable without codes)
(Excluding Citadel, as...you know)

It's actually a tough question. There are three maps that I'm torn between. The first being Library. Most say that it was too large, but it'd have been a nice size in Perfect Dark with four players and eight sims participating. The second is Bunker ii. It's one of the nicest looking stages in GoldenEye. Plenty of rooms and hallways to keep things moving. Last, but certainly not least, is Archives. Might seem a bit small and tight for a fullhouse, but not if they included the backzone. Lots of shattering glass would be heard, that's for sure. The bookshelves would make for awesome cover during firefights. It's one of my personal favourites.

So, which one would I choose?
I think I just talked myself into Archives.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just how did you all talk yourselves into it?

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

El Cazador
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Caves is my vote. I know nobody else is a big fan of caves, but I always enjoyed it. I think it was mostly because i'd always own as a camo'd soldier and ambush. Not that it'd work against experienced players, but mostly all of my freinds sucked at shooters.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ARCHIVES! ARCHIVES of course. BEST MAP IN GE, better than any PD map. So small and aggressive map, even with 2 players.
I like BUNKER also (maybe just little too big, and the helipad-near spawn is stupid, but all the other GE maps SUCKS:

CAVES? boring and dark, very confusing bad textures,
CAVERNS? too big and boring long catwalks,
EGYPTIAN? only 2 players can play this, and it sucks,
BASEMENT? flat level, no use for up/down aiming, has potential thou',
STACK? every rooms looks like same, annoying armor camping place, LIBRARY? way too big, but maybe in PD...
COMPLEX, TEMPLE, FACILITY? these are in PD, and are much more fun also...

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bunker, it would be kind of cool for the helipad area to be a hill for King of the Hill gameplay.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I picked Archives. Nice and maze-like.

I think that Rareware picked the maps that they did because of license issues. Complex and Temple have nothing to do with the GoldenEye movie, and they renamed Facility.

Also, they renamed the classic weapons, and limited their use to single player.

Last edited by The Extremist on Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

library

something else that would be cool (but prolly impossible) would be to gett the bunker and the surface together on the same level

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
ARCHIVES! ARCHIVES of course. BEST MAP IN GE, better than any PD map. So small and aggressive map, even with 2 players.
I like BUNKER also (maybe just little too big, and the helipad-near spawn is stupid, but all the other GE maps SUCKS:

CAVES? boring and dark, very confusing bad textures,
CAVERNS? too big and boring long catwalks,
EGYPTIAN? only 2 players can play this, and it sucks,
BASEMENT? flat level, no use for up/down aiming, has potential thou',
STACK? every rooms looks like same, annoying armor camping place, LIBRARY? way too big, but maybe in PD...
COMPLEX, TEMPLE, FACILITY? these are in PD, and are much more fun also...

First and foremost, you can always turn up the 'brightness' to your t.v. Cool

I have to agree with the caves, clearly my favorite level for this reason. It's a real challenge to win in this one because of said reasons.

You still straf in multiplayer. My sense of time is clearly different then, doesn't seem too big or long in caverns. It's absolutely perfect because it's not too big but maybe a tad dark.

Egypt is pretty large for two. I think that's why they want you to buy the gameshark so four can play in it, and it is perfect for that.

Basement, how could a game not be complete without a basement.

I think the stack is simple in dynamic, perfect king of the hill like games, but perhaps too spacey. You need to be a good shooter to win in this level.

Library, agreed, almost never play it.

Bunker is nearly perfect. Would be nice if you could get more of the surface above it with holes leading into the rooms.

Facility is waaay too small.

So the best ones are the first two. I don't like the temple and it's one armor location. Haven't read the articles why things were chosen as the way they were, this leads to...

Last but not least, it was only 1997. Yet, I don't think GE can be passed because of it's uniqueness at that given moment. There might be a better game but this is GE.

To answer the original question. I'll defend the caverns to a fight at GE. You must add it, en-garde!

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: