ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Complex Room Maps...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Complex Room Maps... Reply with quote Back to top

These are two fantastic maps of the Complex from Perfect Dark, which were made by the person, or people, from the following website...

http://www.goldeneyeperfectdark.fr.st/index

Since I don't speak french, I'm unable to read anything there. My Internet Explorer was having trouble doing a translation for it. Perhaps you'll have more luck than I. Big thanks to SubDrag for pointing it out to me and sending the link.

I've since modified these two maps, hilighting each of the room models. I did this for a few reasons. The first was to help understand how the background data worked in Perfect Dark. The second was to help SubDrag find a load one room only code. And the third was to help us figure out how the Pads relate to the background and clipping files. Suffice it to say, they've been rather helpful. It also demonstrates that the Hills fill the entire room that they're in. The room model lights up in green, then to the colour of the team in possession. The RGB shading temporarily tints the normal texture tones. Though that's common knowledge, I thought I'd share it anyway. Actually, this was mainly a test of the new FTP that GE Master had set up for a few of us to use when putting up our hacks in the GoldenEye Codes Forum. Figured some of you might like it. It's also good to link people to a very cool website devoted to GE and PD. Check out their wonderfully detailed stage maps. Well, I guess that's it. Here are the PD Complex Room Model maps...

If they don't work, we'll figure it out.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what is that, the pads?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those are the room models. Each stage consists of many, all connecting to form the level. This map shows the different room models that make up the Complex. There are fourty-four total, though listed here in hexidecimal. It isn't important to most, but I figured some of you may enjoy seeing just how it's all pieced together. I haven't gotten around to doing the Pads yet, since there are quite a few. One of these days, I will.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello ! I was just wandering here and there, and I see you've found my maps ! I'm the (french) guy who runs this site :

http://floppycheese.free.fr/nintendo/index/index.htm

I'm glad that my maps helped you, I'm a long long long time fan of your work !!!! If you want to use my maps, help yourself, no problem Very Happy !! By the way, I'm also the guy who did this :

-> http://floppycheese.free.fr/nintendo/plans/area51-by-tim.gif

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have enjoyed your pictures floppycheese. I like all the content. You should cover the goldeneye setup editor.

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
You should cover the goldeneye setup editor.

Sorry, my english is limited... What do you mean by "cover" ?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Create a web page on it, use it, etc.

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried a little to use it, but it's very complicated... I've wrote down a mission who would take place in the complex, but I won't be able to put things in the places with the setup editor. Too complicated for me... Sad

Maybe I'm wrong, but you have to be good at maths to create/modificate levels ? I would love to see a video or a file explaining how you created the library mission for example.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You don't need to be good at math at all. In fact, you don't need to know math, besides counting, and possibly hexadecimal. Have you tried following the tutorials on GoldeneyeVault.com?

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to navigate in the runway for about an hour, and I can't do nothing at all besides rotating the starting room, twirl it, downsize it etc. Don't get angry, but maybe you should write a more simple guide explaining step by step how to use it. For example, in the quick start pdf, I don't know how you get from page 4 to page 5 : how do you get in the area with the green boxes ? Is there a way to zoom out of the level and simply choose wich area I modify ? Confused Maybe I'm asking too much, and one must really be good at maths and hexadecimals to use this editor. So...

...I'm currently writing a Solo Mission in the Complex, i'll send it to you when it will be finished. If it's "virtually" possible to put anything in a level, objects, furniture, guards, paths, objectives, then it will be fun to do. Wink

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You basically just move around, and to insert or changes things you right click. To move things, you left click and drag. Press F1 when you get to the visual editor for how to move it. Oh, it's mainly an editor for what's on a level, not the level itself.

Timothy1979
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great !!! I've studied all the pdfs at work today, and I know a little more how tu make my way around this editor. I wil lemail you later concerning the solo mission I wrote, who takes place in the complex...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: