ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Four useful object bitflags

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Four useful object bitflags Reply with quote Back to top

In the process of devising a generic 'Dr. No' patch, four new object bitflags were discovered. Each affects the the *second* bitflag field on objects; if you don't know which one, it is the same box that changes when you toggle the 'don't load on 00'.

Code:

01000000      don't load object on four player
00800000      don't load object on three player
00400000      don't load object on two player
00000008      don't load object in multiplayer

The last one is interesting. Technically, it doesn't load the object when the difficulty is set to -1, which is only the case with multiplayer. You could possibly make joint 'Spy Who Loved Me' / Solo stages if you were really careful.

Using the flags on multiplayer weapons will inhibit the weapon or ammo from loading in multiplayer. However, if you're blocking the weapon, be sure to *also* block the ammo. If another weapon was loaded before it, then the ammo boxes would become that weapon's ammo type. If nothing was loaded before it, you won't collect anything from them but they will still appear.

These flags apply to all 'standard' objects. That's anything that pops the whole bitflag box at the bottom of the editor.
Even if the version of the editor you're using doesn't include the toggles, you can manually set the fields in the hex box. That's really why it is there, after all ;*)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, some more flags identified. Those are pretty interesting. I'm not sure how often they'll be used, or what purpose they'll serve, but it's great to know what they do. I suppose if you had a fort-like stage, you could have certain 'forts' (stacked crates / fake buildings) only load when a specific number of players are involved in the match. Well, somebody is bound to come up with a good use for them.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Biggest use: between this an the 'selective spawning' patch, you can effectively close off parts of a stage depending on the number of players playing. You can even have completely different weapon locations depending on player totals. Want only one body armor on 2 player? 16 weapons on 4-player? Move the flag depending on player totals? There's a million uses, not even concidering co-op.

There's one. You can use the 'don't load MP' to make a joint solo/co-op stage. Since MP restrictions are more burdensome, you can simply set objects to not load when multiplayer is in effect.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forget if you mentioned, did Rare actually use any of these?

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

None of the levels *appear* to have these in them.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Completely unused. They test for them when expanding weapons though, which is how I happened across them. Weird, really. Combined with the funny MP-related action types, it seems they had a few ideas they either didn't get around to implementing or thought better of.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I read about your Smart Spawn patch on the Vault just recently. Very clever. You're right about the possibilities of combining it with the new object bitflags. I'd be interested in seeing something done with this, now that you've mentioned the many different potential uses it has.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: