ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

project I'm working on (for online multiplayer)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The train is done and its awesome. I left in every single crate, box, and door. I also opened up a very small portion of the outside. 8 weapon sets and 7 respawns. Took some texture tweaking but I did finally get it to load 4 player.

Now working on the bottling room. I have some interesting mods I'm adding to the stage (initially for the purposes of improving framerate) - I'll post screenshots when its done.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alrighty, time for a progress report. I have 5 levels DONE:

Train
The Lab
Dam Frontzone
Bottling Room
Destroyer

With all the doors in place on the dam, framerates hold exceptionally well (about 10 fps better than expected). I also managed to, by pure luck, get around the visibility (see through) issues associated with the dam by using the Egyptian weather (which also limits visibility to some extent, possibly another reason why framerates are holding so well).

Now some questions - there are 3 towers in the dam frontzone, I put a sniper rifle and ammo box at the top of each one. Would you guys like to see some custom hard-coded weapons like this certain stages such as this, or would you rather just see the traditional 8 weapon sets? I was thinking about placing a grenade launcher with some grenades in the frigate.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My opinion is, firstly, holy crap. Secondly, I would prefer just the standard weapons instead of a fixed set up there. One last thing, what are the chances that you could include a few of our fave custom weapon sets? I have no idea the codes line max or anything of that nature. Man, this is exciting to see btw.

**edit: i see you didn't include depot? That is an amazing multi map man. Just I think need a couple explosive objects in the room with the vehicles.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will change the weapon sets in the dam back to traditional, because I think I agree with ya on that one. So all the weapon sets will be traditional weapon sets.

OH YEAH, one other thing - body armor. I'll put body armor in all the level, BUT, I will make it only half strength. I think that's a fair compromise.

As for depot - it'll be there too, just haven't gotten to it (mainly because I've ran into some issues with the portals). I have 11 slots to work with, I plan adding at least the following:

Depot Backzone
Archives Courtyard
Cuban Jungle
Facility 3/4 Zone
Runway

Now the Aztec Bay level is up in the air because it relied on a gameshark-created clipping hack made by zoinkity - I know it CAN be done via clipping file mods, but that could be some time before I get to that.

The Facility 3/4 zone is a map I'm working on that uses the entire facility EXCEPT for the bottling room and the Quad room. I modeled it after the mission map keeping all the original mission object in place.

NOW - Custom weapon sets. Excellent idea. These can also be made. The game allows for 14 different selectable weapon sets. If anybody has any special requests, MAKE THEM HERE. Eventually I will post on here exactly what all 14 sets look like and you can then make suggestions from there. These will also ALL be menu-selectable.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

all rockets (replaces rockets)
all gl's (replaces grenade launchers)
ar33+proxies (replaces proximity mines)
All shotguns (replaces sniper rifles)
golden gun fun (replace slappers only!) (rockets and golden guns)
explosives (replaces grenades) (remote mines, rcp90, silverpp7, golden gun)
exotics (replaces timed mines) (timed mines, hunting knife, silver pp7, hunting shotgun)
all golden guns (replaces golden gun)
all dostovei (replaces throwing knives)

I don't know how you implement these, but they are quite specific for what weapon goes where. I have the GS codes, if that helps with any implementation. I dunno, we've played these weapon combos for years and honestly, my biased opinion is, that they are the best possible combos. Believe me when I say we've tried pretty much every possible combo.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I will certainly implement some of those. I want to be careful not to overwrite too many of the traditional sets.

And I made another discovery? I've never seen this before - Tazers in multiplayer?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Weapon sets are a cinch in the new 21990, just take time to adjust all the comboboxes. I'd like to at least see pistols and power weapons retained though.

Hmm, tazers multi, my guess is that it's been done, but I can't pinpoint a specific time I've heard it done. How powerful is it? I remember the tazer being pretty garbage. Watch lasers might be more fun.

I, for one, am very much looking forward to this mod!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah tazers....okay even in ltk mode they just aren't fun. They are funny sounding and cute for about 2 minutes, but it wears off. I do think they were put in as a testing item or along those lines. Lame! They are so lame...heh.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The taser would be cool if it stunned the player so they couldn't move for a few seconds, then you could whip out a real gun and fire away.

OK....some tentative weapon sets:

PROXY MINES (traditional)

REMOTE MINES (traditional)

ALL LAUNCHERS
Rockets (x4)
Grenade Launchers (x4)

EXPLOSIVES
Grenade Launcher
Rocket Launcher
Grenades
Timed Mines
KF7
DK5 Silenced
ZMG
Phantom

AR33 + PROXIES
AR33 (x5)
proxy (x3)

GOLDEN GUN FUN
rockets (x4)
golden gun (x4)

ALL GOLDEN GUNS

ALL DOSTOEVI

SCOPED GUNS
KF7 (x3)
Sniper (x2)
AR-33 (x3)

ODDBALLS
Throwing Knives (x2)
Laser (x2)
Watch Laser (x2)
Taser
Tank Rounds

POWER WEAPONS
KF7
AR33 (x2)
RC-90 (x2)
Cougar Magnum
Silver PP7
Auto Shotgun

------------------------------

That covers 11/14 sets leaving 3 left.

I'd like to have special gun sets for the last 3. I'm thinking along the lines of
-Pistols
-Rifles
-Automatics

If you have any suggestions or tweaks then post 'em.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely need pistols, and preferably a power weapons setting too, otherwise looks pretty good. I personally would remove proxies probably.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since I'd like to release this thing fairly soon, I'm gonna do the traditional levels w/out any clipping/room placement mods. Anything which I finish on those grounds will be separate releases.

So quick question - many of my levels in this hack incorporate only portions of stages. If I go in and actually delete entire unused rooms out of the background file, what types of gameplay improvements can I expect to see? Will that free up memory which can be used for other purposes such as textures? And for that matter, if any of the deleted rooms used additional textures not in any of the in-play rooms, will texture problems which I may run into go away? What about framerates? Any improvement whatsoever?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's an idea what can be expected from certain maps. You know how Depot has a tough time loading in 4-Player mode? Well, when I reduced the background file down to only three models and three portals, it loaded up without a hitch. Infact, it actually seems to run better with four players than it does with two. It's comparible to a regular multi-only map. Because of the vastly reduced amount of data in use, it's able to register the four characters no problem.
(I'm actually planning to finish the Warehouse multi soon. It should've been done long ago.)

Now, I can't say how well this may go over in other levels, but many of them *should* be improved by some degree. The less BG data and textures there is to load, the better the performance should be. Portals play a huge part, which we've seen in the past. So the smaller the map, the fewer the portals.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wreck, are you working on your caves level again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: