ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[UTILITY] Weapon Set Editor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:17 am    Post subject: [UTILITY] Weapon Set Editor Reply with quote Back to top

OK, this should be the final editor for a while Razz
it all explains itself, I hope...

linky:
http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/downloads/gewse4.zip

BTW, I tried a few things but I'm not a really skilled GoldenEye hacker...
does anybody know how to

- make plastique (and other things like covert modems, cameras etc) be selectable in Multiplayer?
- change the pickup text of the taser? I tried this out today but without success Sad I don't want to change the "a new weapon" string, but the actual text pointer of the taser... I could only find inventory text pointers

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just checked out this version. Its hard to express in text, but imagine someone saying really really exxagerantly (if thats a word) Niiiiiicee. Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. Shocked
That sure is a nice one, PaD. You must have put a lot of work into this version. There are plenty of great new features, too. So, why are you waiting for me to say something that may lead to changing it for yet another Editor? Hehe. Only two things come to mind, really. The first being the "Ammo" types. Multiplayer only reads from "00" to "0D", discarding the rest of them completely. It's the way they setup the ammo boxes. They are capable of storing ammunition for all types up to the Golden Gun bullets. All of the others weren't included at all. You might as well just get rid of the rest of them, since they don't work anyway. The only other thing that came to mind was the "Advanced Settings:". First off, they're a fantastic addition. I really like that you put them in there. The only beef, if you would have, is the "Weapon Pickup:" check box. I don't really feel that it is neccessary. If you've selected another pickup, shouldn't it automatically make the change? Also, what I've noticed, is if you change a slot in, let's say "Slappers Only!", to another weapon, enable the "Advanced Settings:", but have the "Weapon Pickup:" ID unchecked, it doesn't generate the new pickup ID or image for the item chosen. It'll only generate the code that defines the amount of ammo that the crates will provide you. I know it is as simple as clicking that one little box, but do you think it would be possible to make it as easy as clicking the "Advanced Settings:" box?

Bah, I'm rambling.
Marvelous job, PaD. Smile

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did the first or previous version enable you to change the weapon set name?

PaD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks everbody Smile

@ Wreck:
Whoops, I was playing with ammunition types, trying to find something like plastique... I seem to have forgotten to remove them Embarassed

The "advanced settings" were in the PAL version I made for zoinkity already.
NTSC uses floating point values for the size, which I had to get into first, while PAL just used hex percentages... that's why I didn't come along with this earlier actually.

The "Weapon Pickup" checkbox is there to set the last bool that determines whether there's just ammo (like Throwing Knives, Mines), or actually a weapon.
I thought if there's no weapon pickup at all, why should there be three lines for image, size and pickup? (I hope I'm right here)
The boxes do automatically change when you change the weapon, but only if "Advanced settings" is off. Leaving the advanced settings off, you can just easily compile your weapon set like in the previous version.
Turning the advanced settings on makes the program assume you do it all yourself, then the Weapon list is just for your own information (i.e. when you load a saved set).
So, if you want to change a "None" weapon in "Slappers Only!" to a DD44 Dostovei with all its defaults, be sure to first uncheck "Advanced Settings", then choose DD44. You can then go into advanced mode again Wink

@ GE Master:
Yes, you're right.
I thought I'd leave it to firstly save loading time (there's a lot of strings...) and secondly because I just released a string editor that can do all this Wink
The only unfeatured thing is, of course, that without re-pointing the weapon set's name, you can't make it longer (like "Pistols" to "Best Weapons Ever"). That might be an argument to re-implement that feature...

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The "picked up a new weapon" is a text value loaded by an asm string. The thing is typically executed from the TBL, and there isnt a really good handle to it. You can probably change the string, but not 'assign' the tazer one - at least not easily.

Say, have you ever thought to make it upload the code to console? It isn't that hard, and there are several *cough* open source uploaders around now.

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yo..lainlives? what is that? is that project 64 1.7??

whatever happened to PaD anyway?

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no its 1.6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: