ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Work in Progress] Multiplayer Pak - Surface added 10/02/07
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: [Work in Progress] Multiplayer Pak - Surface added 10/02/07 Reply with quote Back to top

10/02/07 UPDATE - Added Surface

v7 - Added Surface
v6 - Bug fixes
v5 - Added Depot Backzone
v4 - Added Train and Facility 3/4
v3 - Added Bottling Room and The Lab
v2 - Added Destroyer (Frigate)
v1 - Added Dam Frontzone, 14 custom weapon sets

I've decided to release my levels one update at a time - each new level, as completed, will be added to the multiplayer menu of the same rom and released as a new ips patch.

v7:
-Surface (8 weapon sets, 2x1/2 strength body armor)
-Depot Backzone (8 weapon sets, 2x1/2 strength body armor)
-Facility 3/4 zone (11 weapon sets, 2x1/2 strength body armor)
-The Train (8 weapon sets, 2x1/2 strength body armor)
-The Lab (8 weapon sets, no body armor)
-Bottling Room (8 weapon sets, 2x1/2 strength body armor)
-Dam Frontzone (9 weapon sets, 2x1/2 strength body armor)
-Destroyer (Frigate) (8 weapon sets, 2x1/2 strength body armor)

-Modification of the Sniper Rifle to increase the zoom
-14 custom weapon sets as follows:

ALL GOLDEN GUNS

ALL DOSTOEVI

PROXY MINES (traditional)

REMOTE MINES (traditional)

ALL LAUNCHERS
Rockets (x4)
Grenade Launchers (x4)

EXPLOSIVES
Grenade Launcher
Rocket Launcher
Grenades
Timed Mines
KF7 (x2)
DK5 (x2)

AR33 + PROXIES
AR33 (x5)
proxy (x3)

GOLDEN GUN FUN
rockets (x3)
golden gun (x5)

SCOPED GUNS
KF7 (x3)
Sniper (x3)
AR-33 (x2)

POWER WEAPONS
Silver PP7 (X2)
AR33
Cougar Magnum
RC-90 (x2)
Auto Shotgun (X2)

ODDBALLS
Throwing Knives (x2)
Tazer Boy (x2)
Tank Rounds (x2)
Laser (x2)

RIFLES
Klobb
KF7
Phantom
ZMG
Shotgun
Auto Shotgun
Sniper
AR-33

PISTOLS
Silenced PP7 (x2)
Dostovei (x2)
Silver PP7 (x2)
Cougar Magnum (x2)

VARIETY PAK
PP7
ZMG
KF7
Phantom
Shotgun
Grenades
Rockets
RC-90

If you encounter any bugs, either in the stage or in the weapon sets, please LET ME KNOW! Its nearly impossible to thoroughly test everything on my own.

DOWNLOAD IPS PATCH (3.5mb)

Applying the ips patch is easy if you use the goldeneye setup editor. Also keep in mind that since this patch includes modifications to the 21990 table, you will have to modify your emulator's advanced settings to match those of the original rom.

Last edited by bmw on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:47 pm; edited 14 times in total

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I LOVE DOSTOEVI

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dam you have been busy. I fixed the backface cull problems with my level so now I am adding textures. So i'll finish soon hopefully.

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On oddballs you shoulda made a hunting knife a weapon, like have the throwing knives in a crate then have a huntning knife the associated weapon

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

moonraker808 wrote:
dam you have been busy. I fixed the backface cull problems with my level so now I am adding textures. So i'll finish soon hopefully.

I'll be curious to see that. I haven't really been that busy on this lately - I have 4 other levels that are close to done already from before, I'm just tweaking now. And my expanded depot backzone is on the backburner for the time being - clipping thus far has been a royal pain.

re: knives - for the purposes of gameplay, aren't the hunting knives and throwing knives the same weapon?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I look forward to playing all the backzones - it's a long sought after ROM conversion. Definitely keep adding to the same backzone ROM as you go.

ColdshadowX
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is going to be sick. I am actually now going back into hacking and making levels for multi and online; also for single player..

Cold shadow is back!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not going to add this to the vault till you're all finished, but it looks great.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm working on building the bottling room from scratch (well, kinda)

I'm sure this varies from level to level - but in the Facility, when I load ONLY the rooms necessary for the bottling room and the clipping and portals for just that area - framerate performance in 2-player mode, believe it or not, improved by about 8 fps on PJ64. Before, it would bottom out at 35-40 fps - right now I can't get it to drop below 45 fps.

I've also been experimenting with even slower levels such as the streets - framerates appear to have improved by about the same amount when I load only certain rooms (as compared to simply killing portals).

So apparently visible portals aren't the only factor in determining framerate.

This could make levels like wreck's quad and my control room much more playable. I also think its why the dam frontzone plays exceptionally well - I removed the entire backzone from the clipping file and from the bg file and framerates hold better than expected.

The only thing that's a pain is going through and re-id-ing all the clipping and re-numbering the portals because the room number change. Any chance of in the future having a delete room feature? It would delete a room from the bg file, delete the clipping for that room, re-id the clipping for all room numbers greater than the room deleted as well as re-id the portals between the greater-numbered rooms.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I feel bad posting this next bit, cause I just PM'd it to BMW.

"Funny you should mention that, actually. In a recent PM to GE Master, we were discussing a possible re-release of the Facility Backzone. He mentioned the Quad, which made me wonder about a possible framerate improvement. The two or three videos I've seen of the Quad being played in multiplayer via PC were quite impressive, though. Even without the BG reduction, it played really well. However, I do suspect that it may perform better yet after removing the unused rooms."

"In a recent e-mail to SubDrag, I made a few suggestions to him regarding the Editor. He mentioned that you made one of the same requests. Delete Room & Portals option. It would certainly make our BG reductions easier. Another suggestion I made was a Select Room option. That way, rather than having to go through the level and click on each room, you can simply select it from a list. He said he'd see what he could do over the weekend."

"Nice work on your multi package, by the way. I played the Dam, but haven't had a chance to check out the Frigate. Can't wait to see all the levels as they're completed."

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bottling room is basically done. Even 3 and 4 players play quite well - I was absolutely amazed because before 4 players in this map was virtually unplayable.

Now things are getting a bit tricky to keep track of in the 21990 because of how I'm rerouting everything (necessary since I'll have 3 facility releases - lab, 3/4 zone, and bottling room, each requiring a different bg and clipping file). Bottling room looks like this:

Cradle's setup file
Modified clipping file saved as Street's clipping file
Modified bg file saved as cradle's bg file

And re: dam - did you know that my dam release has no portal data whatsoever? I found that if you delete all portals, then all rooms are visible. This is ok in the dam frontzone because there are no portals which are closed due to doors. I did this out of necessity because the re-numbering of rooms after deleting the frontzone caused the background mountains room numbers to change, thus screwing up the global visibility and making them not visible. The simple fix ended up being just deleting all portals and making everything globally visible.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now that I think about it, it may be possible to add a Delete Room feature. I'll look into it either tonight or this weekend. Still, the whole bg stuff is a bit tedious since you need to export to txt file, but it really has to be done that way.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's up to four levels now, very nice. Are the Bottling Room and The Lab the same as their original releases, aside from possible background reductions, or has there been any further modifications made to them?

These are coming along quite well. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They're similar but not identical.

The lab - I beefed it up a little bit - more glass, added a few better crates for cover in the hallways. Also, in response to a request from GE master, I closed off the level with something which much better matches the wall than the oil drum crate - I used the darker stone door - it blends in quite well with the wall (look at the very last screenshot in the lab above). Weapons locations are somewhat different too, also upped it from 5 sets to 8 sets.

Bottling Room - I re-designed the big floor section with new crates - now it looks more like a shooting range. Aside from that modification, its very similar to the original release (including keeping the 2 hand grenades).

And the train is done, I'll post the updated patch sometime tonight.

gri007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

say bmw i got a ? man i got the goldeneysetup editor and the isp patch on your post (this post) but am having some trouble getting it to work. i applied the isp patch to my origanl goldeneye rom but its saying right after i apply the patch that (warning checksum recalculated) and i click ok, put the rom in my saved mupen folder and refresh rom list and its listed as an unknown dump. i try to open that game and it starts to load then pauses for no reason. it dont even show anything like the rare logo or the start. just a black screen inside of my emulator screen? any sugestions? thanks man gri007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: