ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

FC Writable Actor ID Value

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: FC Writable Actor ID Value Reply with quote Back to top

Could someone explain how FC Writable Actor ID Value works when used in action 18/19? Frigate uses it for its actions relating to shooting hostages, FD is used for the terrorist, FC for the hostage. Right now each of my hostages and terrorists have their own action block, they work fine but it would be easier to update the actions if I only had to deal with three blocks like Frigate has.

I tried copying Frigate's blocks directly (And making the necessary changes to the JALs and the presets used for escaping) but they didn't work, all the hostages ran away at the start of the level and the terrorists were holding walls hostage when I got to them. Oddly the hostages had no problem making their way to the escape preset with Frigate's block unlike my current escape action, where they just run into walls like morons...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Take a look at Free For All. It shows you how to use FC properly. You basically can write whatever guard you want into there (by closest guard).

It's action 51 to write it.

FD means the guard that called the 04XX block.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got them working, thanks SubDrag.

Edit: Actually, I spoke too soon. While the hostages are executed perfectly, they don't run away anymore if you shoot the terrorist. I guess I'll have to look into Frigate's blocks again to see how they pulled it off, their hostage block was very confusing compared to the way I did it originally.

Edit 2: Everything is good again, it was just a simple mistake in the numbering of the loops.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: