ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Thinking about making my own map - things to consider?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I made a small test room in Hammer (Worldcraft, I completely forgot they changed the name) and was able to import the .map into DeleD fine and exported it to .obj. I couldn't get it imported into Goldeneye though, I followed your tutorial up to the point where you say to export the full level, I did that but the level was empty with no sign of my room. I'm going to try it again later, I think I'll try using one of HL's multiplayer maps instead of something I made myself and see if that works. They'll definitely need to be retextured though, HL's textures are almost all over 32x32, most of the walls are 128x128.

I also have a question, I textured my room using only Goldeneye's textures, do I still have to import the textures from a text file? I did when I was following your example but I'm curious if I actually needed to or not.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'll need to shrink the textures to 32 x 32 or so. You probably should reimport the textures, since some of the greyscale types or even color ones are different types and you'll need it to be the only type recognized by the importer.

Did you set your room positions file properly? It should just be a null everything row, then your room, then the @@@@s.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it easy to texture things in warhammer editor? Because that might be the solution.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In order to texture in Hammer you need to make a Half-Life WAD with all the textures you plan on using in it. The texturing interface is pretty simple, switch to textures mode, pick the texture you want, click the face in the 3D view to texture it. There are also a few find/replace options to make retexturing easier.

I didn't test the plugins ability to import textures yet, when I did my test map I just textured it all white in Hammer and retextured it with GE's textures in DeleD.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think that if I gave you an .ojb file that you good try to apply some textures to it? I may as well make what I have done so far public anyways even if you don't want to.

Here it is:

http://www.goldeneyehacks.com/moonraker808/

Click on scaramanga's level.rar and you can check it etc.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just letting you know I downloaded the file but I haven't had the time to do anything with it yet. There's no way I can texture it in Hammer though, I didn't really think about this before but Hammer can't open .obj files and there's no .map exporter included with DeleD. I can do it in DeleD for you though, its texturing tools seems pretty good, I've actually been thinking about using them for my map as well so I don't have to worry about making a new WAD every time I decide I want an extra texture.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be incredibly awsome! Then we could finally complete the level! If you can do it, it would be extremely appreciated Smile

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I'll try to get to it soon. I've had my hands full lately with hacking projects for other games and spending about a week getting my forum back up only to have it go down again two days later.

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright; if you ever need me to help you with moddelling just ask.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if y'all knew this, but the N64 version of TWINE was initially devloped for the PSOne (hence the loading screens between levels). I know this because years ago, a Playstation magazine previewed the game, and printed pics which show scenes from the N64 version (the PSOne version was different!) I don't know why they ported the PSOne version to the N64 though.

N64King
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1: off Topic completley.

2: It really depends on what kind of size level you want to do. If you have certian ideas. like making an inside and out prison using peicies of Bunker2/Dam/and Maybe Archives or streets. it all depends.

If you do create a level using colored sets (like Block Fort) and stuff like that. make sure you code each one for a different meaning. Like Green = Walls, Black = Floors,

If this is confusing just tell me and I will try to explain i better

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm no spammer! if you check the first page of this post, Wreck mentions that TWINE's graphics are worse than GE's, and I was merely pointing the PS-N64 conversion could be the result of the pixelated graphics, and that with the GE graphics they would look better, therefore I am NOT off topic! I should have quoted Wreck to start off with...

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't worry about it, it's my topic and I don't mind discussing it in here. I've never played the PSX version but that's a good theory, the PSX was pretty sucky with 3D graphics compared to the N64. I should track down a copy of the PSX version, just to see if it's any better than the N64 version.

N64King
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kode-Z wrote:
I'm no spammer! if you check the first page of this post, Wreck mentions that TWINE's graphics are worse than GE's, and I was merely pointing the PS-N64 conversion could be the result of the pixelated graphics, and that with the GE graphics they would look better, therefore I am NOT off topic! I should have quoted Wreck to start off with...

That would have worked. I just looked like spamm. Sorry

Hacker,Farther,Legend

moonraker808
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Twine was my second favorite n64 game; behind goldeneye of course. It had some improvements like level design, jumping and bots in multiplayer and the bots were pretty fun to play with. However the AI in goldeneye and the overall development was better so that is why I place it in second.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: