ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Blank Screen when emulating with GS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Blank Screen when emulating with GS? Reply with quote Back to top

I have begun trying to get my emulator to run GS codes and I cannot seem to get any that I put in to work properly. The emulator comes with some built in codes, which work fine, but when I put in codes myself, they usually leave me with a blank screen.

When running the cradle multiplayer level I never get the option to select cradle as a level. I either get the normal level list, or the emulator freezes up when I click on the multi level select.

Also, when putting in the codes for facility backzone, do I put in all the codes (2p, 3p and 4p) or just the codes for the number of players in the game? I put in just for the number of players in the game, and I try to run facility, all I get is a blank screen and the normal game music. Are there codes that I'm missing? And should I just select facility or should there be a separate level for facility BZ?

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

8002B11D0092
8002B11F0093
8002B1270029
8002B1230008
802ADC8D0052
802ADC8E0041
802ADC8F0044
802ADC90004C
802ADC910045

That should get Cradle working on the emualtor for you.

mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For Cradle:
Your going to need to set up the multiplayer game only DO NOT choose a level. Once your ready exit and go into single player and play Cradle on agent. With that code on you should be playing multiplayer

To be able to play Facility Backzone with any amount of players, just use the 4-player codes with this one:
"ENABLE ALL PLAYERS" .off
D102B522 0004
81063BF0 8008
D102B522 0004
81063BF2 E360
D102B522 0003
81063BF0 8009
D102B522 0003
81063BF2 0DE0
D102B522 0002
81063BF0 8009
D102B522 0002
81063BF2 3860

With that on you should be able to choose how many you want like you would if you weren't using gameshark. Oh and just choose Facility. It won't make an option for backzone, but you'll still go to it if you have the codes on.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly.
I'd suggest getting the 4-Player mode codes for the Facility Backzone v2.0 off of GoldenEye Forever. Enter those in the way they are written, then add the code mrjeffguy posted, turn them all on and enter the Facility stage in the multiplayer menu. After a few seconds, the level should start. If the map music plays and the screen stays black, then you have yourself a problem. Doublecheck the codes and turn them off. Restart the game, enter the multiplayer menu, activate all of your codes, then start the stage. Hopefully it works. By the sounds of it, you're having difficulty with more than just this level, so it could be something more troublesome. Just make sure all of your codes are off and only the ones you need to play that specific map are on. Certains codes can confilct, causing the game to lockup.

Give it another shot and let us know how it goes. Smile

Keith
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I gave it another shot, changing video plugin options and recopying all the gameshark codes and I still cannot get the backzone to work. I did discover that sometimes the codes that I copied did not appear in the emulator (I know the flag placement never showed up when I went to make sure I had everything in) and this may be the reason why it will not start up, but I cannot seem to fix the problem. I'm wondering now if it is something within the codes that prevents them from working, or if it is my emulator.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try using one code at a time.
I'd start with only the basics...

Skip Intro
8102A932 0000
(I'm not even sure if the emulators needs this, but console does)

Enable All Players
81063BF0 8009
81063BF2 E360
D102B522 0002
81063BF2 3860
D102B522 0003
81063BF2 0DE0
D102B522 0004
81063BF0 8008
(since we're using the 4-Player mode codes, this must be on)

Respawns
811F2DEA 008B
811F2DF6 0043
811F2E02 0125
811F2E0E 00CC
811F2E1A 0134
811F2E26 0127
811F2E32 0048
811F2E3E 011C
(and just this, to make sure the stage loads with you in the backzone)

Enter those in and activate them before starting the Facility. If the map starts up and places all characters in the backzone, than the codes are working properly. Slowly try to add on one more code at a time, to see what's causing the problem. Also, make sure each line is in correctly. I know it is easiest to use copy and paste, but make sure that there are no extra spaces anywhere. Try this out and let us know what happens.

Also, what emulator are you using? And is the ROM an NTSC or PAL game?
If it's European, than the codes are not going to work.

Keith
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm using USA which I believe is NTSC and I'm going to try these now. I'll edit this post when I'm done.

EDIT:
Wreck!!!!! I love you (in the most non-sexual way possible)!!!
It's finally loading the backzone, now I just have to add all the other codes in one at a time...

clowns789
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

USA is NTSC, yes. It seems the "skip intro" is 3 lines longer according to 1964 but I don't know if it matters. The first line is the same though.

Skip Intro
8102A9320000
8102A93A0000
8102A92E0000
8102A92D0000

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Keith
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ya, the extra lines don't matter I guess cause it worked with them in. Now I just have to find the problem and fix it so I can play BZ multiplayer whenever...

EDIT:
Damn, alrready hit a snag... I was just putting in a few respawn codes and decided to add the lock/unlock doors ( 801F28DF 0000; 801F27DF 0001) code but the code will not stay inputed. I click the add/modify button but when I click for the code, it shows a blank instead of the inputs. Is there something that I'm doing wrong here, or is the problem within the code, or emulator?

Last edited by Keith on Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm glad it's in the most non-sexual way, Keith. Smile

The "Skip Intro" code you've got is the original version hacked out by Krijy. After he posted them at GSCentral.com, I tested them out. When browsing through the Memory Editor to see what each line was for, I figured that you'd only really need the one line of code to do the same thing. This was also during the time when every last line counted, so we wanted to condense things and use as little as possible in order to save room for the actual stage. However, being that you are using an emulator, you can use the older version, if you like. Just remember to press start (or any other button) at the Nintendo logo to skip straight to the folders.

Keith
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the most part I've got it working, though I have yet to place weapon spawns and have skipped over a few player respawn because the game would not run them and I have noticed a few problems. I've only received a blackout once because one of the players respawned inside a wall. If anyone here knows the respawn code responsible it would be appreciated, otherwise I will try to determine which code it is tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help guys, and I'm hoping to let this topic die, though I'm sure I'll end up getting more questions.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's just strange. I've never had a problem with any of the respawn points in the Fac bz v2.1 before. Spawning inside of a wall? It's possible that the coordinates are off by a bit. When I ran it on my brother's PC, it was fine. His computer is where I took the screenshots of the stage for the website. The characters should be placed in the exact same locations as shown at GoldenEye Forever.

Have you tried using the props yet? I'd think those would have been more problematic than simple placement mods. Test the weapons out and post the results. Funky emulators...

Keith
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
That's just strange. I've never had a problem with any of the respawn points in the Fac bz v2.1 before. Spawning inside of a wall? It's possible that the coordinates are off by a bit. When I ran it on my brother's PC, it was fine. His computer is where I took the screenshots of the stage for the website. The characters should be placed in the exact same locations as shown at GoldenEye Forever.

Have you tried using the props yet? I'd think those would have been more problematic than simple placement mods. Test the weapons out and post the results. Funky emulators...

I'll try to get the respawn to happen again and record. It was in the science lab overlooking the bottling room. I spawned about 20 feet inside the wall and saw nothing but blackness. As I ran around I could see the science lab in the distance and ran through the wall to get in it. Then I could run through the wall for a short time before it suddenly became solid again.

EDIT:
Got it first try, and in a different spot. Uploading video now...

EDIT 2:
Here's the video link. Sorry for the lack of editing / music, didn't feel it was required to get the point across. Also, the reason there are no objects in the level is because I didn't get around to entering all the codes yet.
http://rapidshare.de/files/9730786/Movie.wmv.html

Keith
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for double post.

I think I got the backzone working perfectly (or at least much much better than before) so I feel this topic can finally die! Thank you guys for all your help and for putting up with all the problems I had. I think I finally am beginning to understand how the gameshark works and why I had the problems. Thanks again, and merry Christmas (hope I'm not offending anyone) Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great! Smile
I'm glad to hear that you've got it all under control.
By the way, have you tried the Archives Backzone or Caverns Frontzone yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: