ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Archives Presets (For KC)...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have the full set of solo and multi stage dumps. Next time I'm on, I'll post them.

Heck, they probably were posted at GSCentral

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag sent me a zip file of almost every stage file, with the exception of Egyptian Multi. Maybe it was in there and got deleted accidentally, but I'm usually pretty cautious with my files. If you've got that one, it'd be nice to add to the collection. Wink

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not that it means too much, but I figured I would update my struggle against room pointers in here. I figured out that Artmoney searches every value, and that I was just stupid with the columns and such before, columns dont matter, they just show more adresses at once. (Doh!) Anyway, I think I found the 1P coordinates, or at least the Room Pointer. I also have a value which I think is at least near what I need to add to a value to make it Gameshark capable. Problem: There are 12, countem, 12 values that change when I enter another room. Crap. Smile

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YEAH! *Dancing* Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I FINALLY GOT THIS STUPID ROOM POINTER! After thinking for a long time, I decided to do everything in i byte intergers, so I went back to the drwing board and searched to the small values (10 and EC as opposed to 10EC). I put them in sequence, but that didnt work, but after staring at the Memory Editor, I relaized artmoney flips them at 1 byte intergers (I dont know why, but it does) so I flipped my sequence numbers, which I had to convert to decimal, Artmoney searches in decimal, and and after a couple filters I got three values. All three work as the room pointer. There are 4 byte intergers (8-digit) that are 801D10EC in that courtyard room and change to something that actually makes sense in other rooms. And I have the address for 1964. Booyah!

For those curious, the addresses are (may vary by plugins and such, as well as stages, so im not sure if they are constant) :
2006A918
200D24E8
200D2538

UPDATE: I tried a couple different stages. For 2-Player, that first address is constant across different stages. I should try to start a 1-Player Archives to find the constant coordinate for Solo stages.
UpDATE Again: Nevermind, just tried Complex and it was not constant. It all depends on the stage, that same address worked for Facility and Caverns, but not Complex. Oh well, as long as there is a begining reference its good. Smile
Update Again: Sonova... just thought about this .. now I actually have to start working again, on my Archives Full Zone, damn ,lol. Cool
Question: Is it possible to compile the location addresses (coordinate ones that I want to make) from the prest addresses. For example, If I wanted to place all the weapons exactly where I wanted them, but (this is true) I only have one weapon coordinate block with its ammo boxes. How do I find that based on a preset address? OR, is there another way that I might be able to do with ArtMoney, or are the coordinate blocks constant for their purposes in all stages? Basically, what is the situation here, lol.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Right then, nevermind my last questions, here it is formatted smarter: What is the difference (subtraction or addition) between the weapon coords so I can calculate them?

My Status: Done with coordinate Resawns, Found the difference for 1964 between GS code yesterday. (61000002) Want to work on weapons, tried a bunch of different differences to get it to work, but none did.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been helping The Shadow/MultiplayerX with just this same case over the past week. He's using the Archives setup file for a Streets map, which requires almost the same basic information as you need. But since I'm a Memory Editor guy, I don't know how much it'll really help. Should give you the addresses, though.

Archives Setup
Respawns (x8) located at presets: 0C0, 082, 0BD, 08A, 0BB, 0C4, 071, 078
Weapon Set 1-A: 0C3, 2811, 2812
Weapon Set 1-B: 2834, 2829, 282C
Weapon Set 2-A: 282E, 2819, 281A
Weapon Set 2-B: 0BA, 27E6, 27E7
Weapon Set 3-A: 0BF, 2832, 2824
Weapon Set 3-B: 27FE, 0C5, 0C6
Weapon Set 4-A: 0CB, 075, 079
Weapon Set 4-B: 27F7, 27FA (both crates use same preset)
Armours (x2) located at presets: 093, 0CC
Flag Tag Token located at preset: 076
Metal Crates: 27DF, 27E4, 27E5, 27EE, 27EF, 27F0, 27F3, 2802, 2809, 280C, 280F
Glass Panes: range from 2845 to 2854

(note: addresses are for 4-Player and Enable All Players modes)

Basic Presets (2C Hex in length):
Start of basic presets: 801E2808
How to use a Scientific Calculator to find a specific Basic Preset....
The Preset # x 2C, + 801E2808 = Beginning of Basic Preset
(X, Y, Z, Rotation & Room Pointer)

Advanced Presets (44 Hex in length):
Start of advanced presets: 801E4C4C
How to use a Scientific Calculator to find a specific Advanced Preset....
The Preset # - 2710, x 44, + 801E4C4C = Beginning of Advanced Presets
(X, Y, Z, Rotation, Room Pointer & Sizing)

If you want to position the second ammo crate from the last weapon set in a different location, use the following code to do just that: 811EBFBE 27FB. When you need to identify the preset address, use the same Advanced Preset Calculation method with the new preset 27FB.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, took me about four times reading that to actually "get it" lol. First time I read it I thought you misunderstood me. Second Time it made abit more sense. THird .. wait a minute... Fourth + some testing, thank you so much! I got it! This is pretty easy! Smile Alright, now i'll get to calculating my addresses, thanks Wreck.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's always good to read things over a few times in order to getter a better understanding what of the person is trying to present. Believe me, I read over Zoinkity's docs constantly. They've been a big help to me during both multi map production and mission design.

There's an upside and a downside to modifying presets. The good: being able to position something exactly where you want it to go. The bad: it takes up more lines of code that simply selecting a preset. By the way, I'm pretty sure that the Advanced Presets use the Y coords, where the Basic do not. You might want to write out those coords when you nab your data, just in case it turns out that you do need them.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanna mention this for anybody who happens to read over this thread and tries to learn the same things I am trying to learn here. Dont do what I did, I just now realized why I have had some major problems with my weapons. I stupidly calculated all my weapons coordinate addresses using the Basic Preset Method, and just now realized the 3 digit ones are basic, the four digit ones are advanced, I needed to do most of them in advanced. (Doh!) Oh well, I think my values are still good, just gotta re-calculate addresses now.

I had started having all kinds of problems, emulator crash with error, black screen with just music, I even saw a pane of glass move. After a crash, for some reason you can load the game just fine, but 1964 skips the code, it has no effect. Wierd stuff happens when you dont have your codes right! Smile

UPDATE: Augh! Im still having problems! I can recalculate the 7th set fine ... Wait... is there a constant difference between coordinate values? I have been doing +8, then +20, then +2 to get four addresses (X, Z, Room Pointers)

UPDATE 2: I panic and I post too quickly. I'm gonna try to set Y to see If I needed it. I found the difference for it, and assumed it all must be constant (+4, +4, +20, +2) five addresses. However, I had problems with the first weapon in the first set, basic! as well as advanced! Augh!

UPDATE 3: Alright im pretty confused, lol. Im still trying stuff, but I dont understand what im doing wrong here. Why wont this code work as a first weapon replace with or without Y? These same values I used for the seventh set and worked fine.
801E498C C53F - X
801E4990 4304 - Y
801E4994 C414 - Z
801E49B4 801D - Room #1
801E49B6 10EC - Room #2

UPDATE 4: Nevermind now, figured it out. Gotta replace the zeros next to the 8's with 1's. I had suddenly remembered the differnet kind of address write. With Y still crashed me though, I guess I messed up the difference or something. I think this thread has kinda become my notes, I keep posting experiences and have a chance of figuring it out myself before anybody even tells me what I did wrong.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is both confusing and amusing at the same time! Smile
"I tried something, but it didn't work out. Figured out the problem, though it still giving me flack. Fixed it, won't work for another set. Found the error, trying it again. What am I doing wrong?!" Laughing

Hacking is a slow process. Once you learn to modify the coordinate data of a preset, you'll be fine. Rotation and sizing may give you some more difficulty, if you choose to get into that. I've no doubt that you'll want to tackle the directional data, since certain items may be aimed at a bad angle for your new placement.

I'm pretty sure Basic doesn't need the Y, but Advanced does. The way the two are laid out is almost identical, with the exception of the extra bit of data in the Advanced that manipulates size. I don't use the latter very often, since I'll change the preset used over to Basic for easier control. Archives didn't like that very much when I was making the Backzone, though. I think I just ended up modifying the presets they were already assigned. So long as you put in the right data, it should work. Archives is bit of a bugger sometimes.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im switching computers a lot, and this is, literally, a note:
Add 1C08 to first address
Add 2 and 14 to last address
Add 8 to Z

Since im posting anyway, has anybody actually ever used a rotation modifier?!!! Im trying to find to find the difference for it, and all I ever find is coordinates with either 4 or 5 addresses! And the 5 ones are always XYZRoom. I cant find any with a rotation mod! Anybody know the difference (what I add to the Z address or something) to get it? I think I may have just found it, but I have no idea until I test.

UPDATE:
I think I found a sort of a rotation mod, Add 18 to Z, but I dont think its the one its supposed to be, lol. All I can get out of it is East 89 and North 0, nothing else. I believe it might be in actuality something wierd having to do with the room pointer, but the respawn ends up fine, (I can slap and health reduces). Of course, I still wont rest on this, because I would really like the whole 360 degrees. Stupid Rotation Mods, lol. Oh, and why do you you think 65 values change when I turn using ArtMoney? Im thinking, alright! 65! Im Close! But its not going down anymore .. and .. Crap.

UPDATE 2: Add 18 to Z is definetly a rotation mod, but its very hard to get a good rotation, I cant calculate it. I guess im gonna have to fool with ArtMoney.

UPDATE 3: Figured it out, you do not really even need to calculate anything. Just bring up the tes man pos. and think relative to North 0.

Here is the rotation addy, 80, not 81. for the first respawn in archives: 801E4928 , its the Z with 18 added and 8-byte write instead of 16.

Values (I believe constant):
North-359: 0050 - 0070
North-8: 0040
East:89: 0000 - 00030 , 0080 - 00B0, 00E0, 00F0
South-171: 00C0
South-179: 00D0
NE-29: 003F

About Half of these are modifiable, modify the second digit to try to get more accuracy. I would think they are constant across stage, but I have no idea really. Im also having alot of trouble getting West, lol.

UPDATE 4: I had suspected this fromthe bgining when I got this code, but since it worked as a rotation, I ignored it. This code does soemthing wierd having to do with rooms, but since most of the time it has no negative effect, (I can slap players at their respawn pos.'s and they take damage) I have been in effect I believe, "getting away with murder" for this code. I have no idea the way you are supposed to do it, but whatever, it works, exept on the fith respawn, lol. It err, messes with doors for some reason, many are just black. Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you check out the codes for my first version of the Bunker i Multi, you'll find some that modify the rotation of spawn points and items. Certain things needed to be directed toward a specific location, especially the respawns. Other items also needed their angles changed to better suit the map itself. Nothing I hate more than a sloppy setup. Wink

Here's an excerpt from an e-mail I recently sent to Shadow...

Basic Preset Layout (Same as Advanced, minus data following RP)
-- -- -- -- XX XX XX XX
YY YY YY ZZ ZZ ZZ ZZ
R1 R1 R1 R1 R2 R2 R2 R2
R3 R3 R3 R3 R4 R4 R4 R4
R5 R5 R5 R5 R6 R6 R6 R6
PL PL PL PL RP RP RP RP

-- -- -- -- : Discard, just to set it up the way the first preset appears in
memory
XX XX XX XX = X Coordinates
YY YY YY YY = Y Coordinates
ZZ ZZ ZZ ZZ = Z Coordinates
R# R# R# R# = Rotations
PL PL PL PL = Plinkdata, used to determine Room Pointer during initial load
RP RP RP RP = Room Pointer, used to determine what room it's displayed in

Rotations are stange. R2 R2 R2 R2 is almost always 3F 80 00 00. R4 & R6
are your horizontals. The regular range used is usually 3C 00 00 00 - 3F FF
FF FF, then the negative side ranges from BC 00 00 00 - BF FF FF FF.
Rotation is still sketchy to me. Many times both R4 & R6 are used, but
sometimes they aren't. Standard amount for a straight position, unless in
an angled room, is 3F 80 00 00. You may need to set the other to 00 00 00
00 to get it right. Using them both will net you diagonal figures. Intro
cam rotation uses normal values, which convert during load. 00 00 00 01 = 37
80 00 00, 00 06 00 00 = 40 C0 00 00. Those two converted values may also
work with preset rotation, but I haven't checked. This is really a hands-on
experimentation thing. Just stay within the ranges given to see what you
end up with. Sorry I can't be of more use to you here.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You bet they are wierd! According to that, the code I have been using is a part of rotation! But it only works for respawns 1-4! I have only tested 5 and 6, but I think 7 and 8 will do the same thing, mess with almost every door and window in the level at once (as well as rotate the player, but its at that cost)! Its crazy!

Update!: Grrr. I have identified all the R's for the fith respawn, everything but the 4 and 6 do absolutley nothing when modified. Any combination of the 4 and 6 gets a bad effect an several doors and windows. Why would one modification to one block of code affect so many others? Its fine and actually ends up pretty easy to modify for Archives respawns 1-4. But starting at 5, everything starts going screwy.

Thankfully, as I found out later, it ends at 6. And 6 seems to only mess up two doors. I think for some reason the addy at 5 hit most of the object setup data, and 6 was the tail end. So 1-4 and 7-8 I could set directions fine on. Strange, something to ponder about these rotations. Also strange, I repeat again, with the exeption of R4 and R6, the rotation addys. do absolutley nothing. (This is assumed by me because I modified them at 0000s and 6000s)

Oh well, 6 doesnt need it, but I dont like my 5 staring at a fence, but it could be worse. I could take the time to find the default directions of the other presets and switch out the coordinates, but thats too much work to get a guy to turn around, lol.

Now to spend about 5 seconds placing Body Armor and a Flag, then bang my head against the wall for objects! Im so excited! Cool

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just updating here, im nearly done.
Respawns - Check
Weapons + Armor + Flag - Check
Windows Gone? - Check
Objects placed right? - Almost

I really like the shelves in the BZ, but I also like the crates in the frontzone, but I had to sacrifice soemthing, and since four panels of glass were already gone in the first version, I decided to get rid of them all. I never liked glass much anyway, I officially declare that I hate the amorphic substance. A simple idea turned out to be a bit of a pain, I got most of the glass out easy but one kept staying there, and I tried upping the serial but it kept crashing. I eventually just separated it from the serial. That of course made it easy to experiment with, which is fun. Smile

UPDATE: Really really almost done with the objects now. I decided to just use all the glass for the shelves. I split it up and highered the preset offset to 2 to spread it out a little more. It ended up I had to place some manually, but thats fine. I identified and am using 14 of the 15 (the 16th was out of the serial). I cant find the 15th! THe bookcase is next to its window and I cant move it! Theres always one, lol. As soon as I find that, then mod a couple crates, I'll be done. Then I can work on another Multi Map I have had in mind for a long time.

Last edited by kcghost on Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you kidding me? I love the glass in GoldenEye!
The way it looks, takes bullets, and the sound made when breaking... Surprised

But I agree with you, it doesn't make sense only having a few panes. Like that Mya song goes, "give me everything or nothing at all". If you've got any leftovers that you're not sure what to do with, take a look around in the mission to see if there's anything you like. Either that, or browse through the image model list and grab something that suits your fancy. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: