ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Creating cheats using emulation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Creating cheats using emulation. Reply with quote Back to top

My action replay is broken and i cant buy a new one. I know there is a gameshark on project64 but it does not let you create your own cheat as far as im aware. You can only put in codes. Is there any program which works with an emulator to make your own cheat? I used to be quite good at hacking Goldeneye and I want to start trying it out again, i might be able to contribute some cheats.

By the way i live in england and it might say that i posted this at 6am but i didn't ok!! Cool

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, I have always wondered this myself. Both Project64 and 1964 have Gameshark compatability, but dont offer all the features. Furthermore, some GS codes do not work in emulators. I have come across Gameshark ROMs, which who knows may be used to emulate a Gameshark and another ROM inside it, but it's never worked for me. They are really strange ROMs that dont start up in both emulators. There has got to be a way to see N64 Memory Locations in an emulator, Ill try to check this out. You might wanna post over at RareWitchProject.com, they have done mostly ROM hacking in the past, and are all Banjo nuts, but somebody over there may have some input.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have a program that was capable of "hacking" codes for Nintendo64 games via Emulation on Project64. It had a major flaw, however. The entire game ROM would appear 32-bit byte flipped. This not only caused massive frustration when browsing through the memory, but the codes needed to be changed in order for them to even work. I stopped using it long ago, due to that problem. I don't remember where I got it or what it was called. It's not on my computer anymore. My PC was infected up the whazoo and needed rebooting. There have to be other similar programs out there. If you keep looking, you're bound to find something.

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Woah, ive been looking through the rarewitchproject forums and its going a bit too complex for me now, will gameshark hacking on computer always be this complex?

By the way i came across a program called artmoney, that might be helpful but its designed to hack any game so it would hack the emulator not the rom i think..

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Holy crap! I got it to work using that program i mentioned called artmoney. Its a bit weird but i loaded artmoney and then the goldeneye rom. I selected project64 from a dropdown list that appears on the program and then i went onto the dam and i had 7 bullets, so i clicked on search and it had loads of values you could set, so i set an exact value as 7 and searched all the codes. Then i shot the gun and searched 6 and of course you know how it works, like in a normal gameshark. I finally got one code left so i right clicked it, and clicked on freeze. And of course i had infinate bullets. So maybe you could be using this program to help you find cheats and what not.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey! I found a solution for this! It actually involves artmoney,, turns out anything you can do in Artmoney you can port to GS code, so the process is still very much easier. it was a GSCentral cache page I had come across, so I decided to just Copy-Paste it:

View Full Version : Hacking n64 gameshark codes on your PC
Lgh10704
12.12.2002, 02:21 AM
Hello everyone (Hey Subdrag - long time neh? ^_^),

I have a tip on how to hack games for n64 without your n64 actually being there...it involves n64 emulators and games (first, get pj64 1.5... http://www.pj64.net, which plays most games like a dream).

At first I have been using this to hack codes that fix problems in the emulation of games. For instance, I hacked out the bad shadow problem that has been existing in Pilotwings on emulators, which you can view here:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10241

In most cases this can be faster, as there is the advantage you don't have to have your n64 handy (or own the game, but then you wouldn't download the ROM now would you?). Also, the search engine is just as powerful (if not more so), and the emulator (pj64 1.5) supports most advanced gameshark code types (like activators etc.)

First, download Artmoney:
www.artmoney.ru

Now load the game you want to hack in Pj64.

Open Artmoney and in the "Select Process" Menu find
"Your Game Name" + "Project64 1.5."

Now open up options and go to general. Click the "Search in Address Range" and select a lower bound of 3AF00000 and an upper bound of 3B000000. This is the code bound for most n64 games. The upper bound might be higher depending on how big the ROM is. Increase it a bit for 512mb games (to like 3BF00000).

Click OK and start ur hacking process. You have to click "search" first, and select a search type, and from then on select "sieve." It's basically like using a gameshark. You go back and forth between the game and artmoney and continually "sieve" through the results.

Now, once you think you found a code, bring it to the right window in artmoney by clicking the right arrow button. If you right click a code and select "FREEZE" then you are keeping that value "frozen." See how your game reacts to this freezing, to discover if you found the correct code. You can also set the value of that address.

So you found an address that changes what you want, but how do you port it to an N64 code? Well here's the fun part....

1)Get the address you found in artmoney, usually 30XXXXXX...
2)Open up calculator in Windows, and go to scientific mode. Click "HEX" on the top left array of buttons.
3)Type in your memory address you found in calculator.
4)Click ADD (+) and type in 4528FFFF

The result should be a 80XXXXXX number. THE ACTUAL GAMESHARK CODE IS WITHIN +-5 OF THIS CODE. Usually it is exact, and the probability of it being +-5 is almost impossible. If it doesn't work in Pj64 the first time you try it (remember, once you add a cheat, click it on, off, and on again...pj64 is strange like that), SUBTRACT 1. If that still doesn't work subtract another 1. If that doesn't work add 3 so that you return to your original code +1.

That's basically the run-down on how to hack n64 gameshark codes on your PC.

Now you can help me hack the "flicker" out of Paper Mario Sad

Also I love doing requests, if you want me to make a gameshark code for you for any game just ask.

~Laugh10704

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why would you need to change the code back to Gameshark format, you can save the cheats you find in artmoney

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GS is more portable. You can use the GS codes on the console, and in emulators on pc's that dont have artmoney. As well as situations on the emulator where artmoney is not availble, such as in Kaillera. Thats why once I have the free time, im gonna experiment with artmoney and try to fix my Kaillera problem.

doctornull
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One other quick question, is there a way to use a mouse to aim in the emulator and if no one has found a way yet, now that weve established away to hack into goldeneye on computer would it be possible to enable this feature?

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had at one point come across an input plugin that allowed the use of the mouse for one game only, and that game was Goldneye, Smile. I forgot which one it was, but I bleive there are a coiple ohter that do it too, but I htink it didnt work right for me, although you might have better luck. Just mess around which many different input plugins. Here is a link to find the most popular ones: http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/n64/n64plugins.html

I believe it was Darkman's that had it, but I think n-Rage might work too.

PaD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

another method for hacking emulating GoldenEye (I'm doing this atm), using Project64:

- create a savestate
- go into the savestate dir and extract the zip file, in it, there's a PJ file
- open it using a hex editor, and remove the first 0x75C bytes (they're the PJ64 header)
- a nifty thing... do a byteswap! yes PJ64 saves every 4 bytes swapped.
for instance, if there's a long value 00 28 80 40 at the beginning of the file (after removing the header)
this must get 40 80 28 00
do this with every long in the file... I suggest writing/getting a program for that
- congratulations, you got a RAM dump of GoldenEye! just the stuff that the GS memory editor shows
now simply add "0x80000000" (or whatever code type you're making) to any address you change and you got GS addresses

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't know you could do that with a PJ64 save.
Yeah, looks like you just delete the amount you said, then flip the whole file Double Word (32 bit). Checked out the multiplayer character data to make sure it was setup correctly. Thanks for that info, PaD. Those without a good cheating device could definitely benefit from this knowledge. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: