ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Can Someone Knock Rareware Up to date?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jupiter64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Can Someone Knock Rareware Up to date? Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone tell the boys from Goldeneye who now work at (is it Free Radical or Edios?)..well..can someone tell them that all of the secerts are out and we know everything now?

-The Citedal
-All Bonds
-Leftovers
-Other Beta Stuff

It's been 12 years since the game was first announced and 10 years since it was released. Can someone fill these guys in on what happened now?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, since they made all that stuff and incessantly had to answer questions about them, I'm pretty sure they know. They've talked about them in the interviews at the game conferences.

Jupiter64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You mean they know we found all of this?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

'kay, so maybe they knew Citadel "once existed" in Goldeneye as a multiplayer test level. But Rare said the Citadel level was completely removed and unplayable. Looks like they got shot in the face when zoinkity proved them wrong! Laughing
Do they even know about the powers of the GE Setup Editor anyway? I'm assuming they do.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Krijy proved it, actually. All I did was put in a working floor. Theirs was improperly formatted, at least by the standards for the final game.

I wouldn't doubt they did think it was entirely removed. It was probably mere accident that the thing was compiled in. Besides, nobody in their right mind would have their programmers peek about at the binary in a hex editor to see if stuff was included that shouldn't have been. It amounted to them thinking they didn't include a resource they did.

There's a lot of other garbage too, like text left over from Killer Instinct coin-op, some stuff for a Spectrum emulator shell they were working on, I think some code from Blast Corps, and many things GE specific but not used in-game. The smaller colorized world map pieces are stock N64 graphics used by several other developers.

Here's a neat one: image 43D
That particular image, if you scale it up and do some comparisons, is not just the Rare logo. The line of dark text running along the center is the Killer Instinct markup!

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ Maybe if they had cleaned all that stuff out, they would have been able to put some voice-overs in....

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
The smaller colorized world map pieces are stock N64 graphics used by several other developers.

Which are these?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: