ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER] [PD to GE] Chicago (from zoinkity)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: [MULTIPLAYER] [PD to GE] Chicago (from zoinkity) Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=86

[GoldenEye 007 Custom Level - Ported from Perfect Dark]

Level: Chicago Streets revision 1.0
Modified Level: Chicago (From Perfect Dark)

Author: Zoinkity [nefariousdogooder@yahoo.com]

Date: December 29th, 2007

Only available by patching original rom. The stage is playable on both backup devices and emulators.

Once patched, Statue will be replaced by Chicago from Perfect Dark. The stage replaces Random in the multiplayer stage select screen. The stage boasts eleven weapon locations, three sets of body armor, nine spawns, and a couple surprises for those who know how to find them. Don't worry: only one of the body armor provide a full pickup.
All gameplay takes place on the upper street level. The crates strewn about the level are burly enough to take a fair amount of gunfire, providing cover. However, gas canisters can not. Please note that because of the number of explosive canisters, you may not want to play either 'The Living Daylights' or 'Man with the Golden Gun' as these pickups tend to disappear if the player is killed in an explosion.

A solo stage is still in development, and selecting the stage solo will probably cause the game to crash. To skip past the stage in the menu, either use one of the released button codes, hack your savestate, or use codes to autocomplete Statue. Hopefully the solo stage will be done within a month, but that said it will probably take much longer. Also, If I ever get around to it, it wouldn't be impossible to port this multiplayer, at least in part, back to Perfect Dark.

If you intend to make your own setup for the stage, be sure to read the notes on clipping provided in the source directory. There are several things you should be aware of.

This stage has been editted from the original: it has been formatted to fit Jaws. Scale is set to 0.9 from 1.0, limitting the impact of such low ceilings. As it is Jaws still can not be shot in the head while in a crawlspace.

-Zoinkity

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well atleast we finished Chicago Multi! Razz (But not on Perfect Dark)

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sooooooooo nice............. Shocked

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well this is friggin crazy! Wow. Tunnels! Drop downs, etc. I can't wait to play this. Seems quite large and 4 player battles seem like perfect. It's going to take me a few walkthroughs to find all the little tricks and areas! Thanks so much for this level Zoink!

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed a single problem with the stage outside of the non-implemented graphics stuff left over from PD. There's one area that used to be a fence in PD but on emulators acts as a 'glass wall'. Console doesn't seem to suffer the issue.
Well, it would be suicide to try to camp there, and I don't think you can fire through either side of the wall.

Sorry. I'll try to find a workaround someday.
Onward to the solo stage first! I'm going to try to set it exclusively in the Punk Pond. It's really AI intesive though, and these routines seem to work great until everyone starts drawing hats and hopping for some reason...

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oooohhh... nice!

Can't wait it to come Perfect Dark thou....

Shocked

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To port it to PD with GS codes will require watering it down a little. The crates make the stage so they're absolutely necessary, but the setups with more crates have few doors. Three areas require being blocked off at least, so that's 3 objects down right there. Even still, you'll be missing some of the crates.

A PD patch might be possible... Not certain though, since so little is still known about the game.

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Crates or no crates, just do it.

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: