ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Xplorer64 cheat device?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Xplorer64 cheat device? Reply with quote Back to top

I had somebody email me asking me about this device...

I've never seen or heard of this device. Their website went defunct back in 2004 but after searching the archives, I tracked down some info.

http://web.archive.org/web/20000301200358/www.x-plorer.co.uk/N0017.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20000301035334/http://www.x-plorer.co.uk/

http://www.64scener.com/n64/xplorer64.htm

Has anybody ever heard of or seen one of these devices? Also, anybody know just how many codes you could activate on one of these things?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's equivalent. I've not heard of anyone having one though and sadly I have no additional information. I would like to get my hands on one since it's possible they're more stable than sharks.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard of them but have never seen one, I remember they were advertising them in magazines right when the N64 was starting to die and I wanted to get one, but no one around me carried them. Kind of forgot about them after that.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My main curiousity was whether or not one could activate more than 251 lines of code.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol GS, AR, EQ, Xploder were the main cheat devices.

GS/AR: Crappy.
EQ: Crappier.
Xploder: No idea.

mickeshpatel
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ive been watching these forums for about a month or 2 and finally decided to make my first post. If anyone lives in the UK - I've found a seller for the Xplorer 64.

I wanted to purchase the unit & donate it to the Hackers on board but I'm unable to have it shipped to the US.

I would love to see if there was stuff it could do to goldeneye that gameshark can't if thats even possible. Anyway here is the link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Xplorer-64-Ultimate-Cheat-Cartridge/dp/B00004UC10/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is the Xplorer 64 a PAL device? From the sounds of it, nearly everything I've read has made some mention to the United Kingdom. Which leaves me to wonder whether or not this could even function on an NTSC console.

I do like the way the cartridge actually looks as though it fits inside of the cheat device snugly, rather than loosely on top of it. Should make for a more secure and reliable connection.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's Xploder and Xplorer, Xplorer is NTSC, Xploder is PAL and more common.

Nekojin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote Back to top

Xploder and Xplorer are the same.

I have an Xploder (bought here in Luxembourg) with Firmware 1.067g (G fo German)

My first one had FW 1.066g which was pretty unique, but also had a few bugs. If you have an Gameshark v3.3, you certainly don't need an Xploder. The search function for cheats ingame is just horrible. It freezes all the time.

I can provide some infos:

1. You can connect it to the pc via parallel port. Main thing you can do is upgrade the firmware or edit cheats. (If you have firmware 1.067g do not update, since it is not save. My first one died because of an bad update process.)

2. It works with Pal and NTSC (at least I tried a NTSC Rom of Goldeneye with my doctor v64 CD version, and "Neon Explosives" worked great.

3. You can use most codes from most cheat devices like action replay, gamebuster ...

The codes are not encrypted, what makes it easier to use them.

If anyone has a Gameshark v3.3 than we could change them if you want.

btw, the project 64 v1.7 also uses xploder cheat technologie. Since the donation page is down, you can search on Gulli Board or Emule for it, it is easy to find.

A yes I remember something:

you do not need any pass keys to boot games. You can use the button to boot into 4 different modes. This bypasses those key codes. Most (M) codes are also not needed.

//

I just tested it with Turok 1 NTSC v1.0

It boots fine into the cheat menu and I can also use cheat codes for NTSC Games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: