ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PD Textures in GE Levels - Possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: PD Textures in GE Levels - Possible? Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to change global textures in levels, like walls, floors, ceilings etc? It would be cool to see GE levels with PD textures!

Also, seeing as Temple, Complex and Facility are in PD already, are there plans to release the PD versions as GE maps?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can if you use the image tools and inject the PD images.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... Facility is better in GE, and I've already released the vent hack for it. Complex is virtually the same minus one walkway, the weird area you can crawl up onto, and a lack of hidden nooks. The walkway is the only one feasible to add (falling from the upper area would not work so well), and that's easy enough to do in GE.
Temple though would be worth it. It varies enough to merit it, though I personally prefer most of the GE layout. The 'windows' are lower (more useful) than PDs, but the lower sandy areas and pillars were a great touch. Did the fall codes for it a long time ago, but falling woudl need to be disabled until a patch to fix that can be made.

Maybe Temple. Maybe.
Otherwise, you can probably get by hacking graphics. The editor's image tools are top notch. I think you can filter for stages. You definately can for objects.

Not sure if you've noticed yet, but a large number of PD textures were taken right from GE!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I should post that pdf, I forgot about that. PD Image listing:
http://shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=16392

I believe the GE tools can filter by stage, but not sure. Actually looks like it can't. Hmm, wait I thought I put that in. I thought I had done a "see all loaded images" thing. Guess I'll need to add that.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where can I get the vent hack, Zoinkity?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Facility vent patch should have been in the editor's ips folder. If it isn't for some reason, I keep a copy here:

http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/downloads/FacilityVentPatch.zip

Not included in that is a little fix for the drop. See, you can normally run forward 'out' of the drop in the vent as you fall. This is because when you 'fall' in GE, you're immediately on the floor tiles and can run normally as though you really were down there. To prevent this, stick a pane of glass or something just beyond the outer walls of the vent, set it to invisible but make sure collision flags are set. It shouldn't be noticable, but it will keep players from moving past it.

Guess it wouldn't be too involved in just fixing the stupid patch... Honestly, I haven't looked at it since putting it up there two years ago. I'm thinking about doing the same in some of the released multiplayer levels as well.

--------------
What it does:
Slight edit to clipping allowing you to move into the blocked off area and down the drop.
Edit to vent drop so it's shorter
Edit to room below, correcting the texture mess adding a hole makes
Edit to solo setup file, changing the Dr. Doak spawn trigger to your start location. Normally, he only spawns when you go down into the bathroom stall!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually the editor no longer includes any files. Just a link to goldeneyevault.com Wink For download speed, size's sake, and everybody should go the vault anyways.

Here's the vent page:
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: