ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER] [PD to GE] Grid
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gri007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well congrats sub with this level it blows me away keep up the good work..... hey i know i asked this before but has anyone figured out how to put perfect dark weapons on ge yet?

well peace out gri007

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sort of. No reload animations, secondary settings, etc. Can't port all the tables right yet as well, so all the gun animation you do get - bolt pulling back, ejected shells, fingers, hands, etc - none of that is correct or working well. Some almost work, others not at all, and they always have to replace something that is similar.

Give it time. We haven't really ported a complex object well yet.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cactus wrote:
maybe send the code for us to try... I want to learn how to mod PD rooms

I don' think you quite realize how this is done. You !can't! do it with GS codes. At all. In *any* way. To mod rooms requires editting the compressed room binaries, and that's sort of a shot in the dark.

I did release the code a long while back. The link's in the archives here if you check back through the posts far enough. Wreck was working from the Bunker II experiment and eventually got enough of it to let PD be ported to GE.
http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/downloads/Bunker2room.zip

PD uses and entirely different structure than GE. Granted, we've figured out enough to port into GE, but you probably don't realize just how much stuff gets changed.
Firstly, PD image replacement is in its infancy. It's not just that a room won't look right. If the image source drawn from is not compatible with the display list commands, it can (and often does) lock.
Secondly, it's picky. Really picky. Rooms *can't* overlap in certain ways or it dies. That's all well and good if you could do a full stage replacement, but we can't.
Thirdly, clipping flag fields haven't been worked out yet, so GE->PD clipping is infeasible.
Fourthly, we can't make room. You can't use the same tricks as in GE to move everything about. Heck, we can pretty much reposition every binary in GE, but PD you're left with a certain amount of room and there isnt' a lot that can be done about it.

The best I ever did was got three rooms from Bunker II loaded at the same time in Complex. All included only a primary mapping and they were the smallest possible. Bunker II has something like 80 rooms, so that's about 3-4% of the stage, unplayable, just hanging there.

Give it time. We haven't even gotten a lot of the setup files worked out yet. If you want something to work on, try figuring out those bitflags or actions or any of the other thousand things left to do. Dropping setups into the existing stages are what Krijy was working on, and it's GS compatible.
As for my part, I've got to figure out a PD setup upload routine that works in both res and without the trainer... Lament...

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well first one gameplay session was.....incredible! 2 player and I must say what a fast level. Flawless really. It was very interesting using the Grenade Launcher instead of the Super Dragon. There were some amazing kills. Sorry Subby, I need to find another taping alternative because my pc doesn't have the same video card now. I will remedy this asap.

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

video, video, video!!!!!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nooo need taping!

GE64.net
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to create Missions out of a perfect dark level? or is it multiplayer only?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, certainly can.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I forgot to comment on this. Awesome work, Grid is the best of PD's multi levels and it works really well in Goldeneye, I just wish I had another person to play against. One of the marble textures is messed up for me, I'm assuming its my video card as was the case with Tetris, it doesn't distract from enjoying the level at all.

I could probably make a decent mission in this level...

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's an unsupported feature in all the plugins I've tried. They did something unique with those textures: there's actually two textures overlayed, each only partially visible! If you play PD, it should also be messed up because the same effect was used.

It looks great on console though ;*)
Looking forward to some PD missions.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed the G5 logo was displayed correctly and thought it might be something that like, that's a really cool way of doing it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: