ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

I was gone, but I'm back, I just upgraded my PC!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait I thought you were talking about a hack.. I'm going to get the adapter soon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dizzy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dangerousd777 wrote:
Wait I thought you were talking about a hack.. I'm going to get the adapter soon.

Ups, sorry. The hack was posted here some time ago. It overclocks Goldeneye (and Perfect Dark) up to X4 and thanks to that you have 60fps in every level, including multiplayer. Not emulated 60fps, but real in-game 60fps. No slowdowns, totally smooth. It feels like a new game entirely.

The plugins that I'm using for 1964 are: Jabo Direct3D8 1.6 and Azimer HLE Audio 0.56 WIP 2, which are the same that I use for PJ64. So, I can get the same graphic and sound quality.

I uploaded the emulator + the hack here: Click

This is old news anyways, but I don't get why this isn't the standard for netplay. We already know that 1964 has many bugs, but it runs Goldeneye almost perfectly (still has the sky problem) and with this hack it kicks Pj64 and Mupen64k's ass.

Dangerousd777
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's really smooth, and it is pretty good, I just see a bit of lag if I pump up the AA and AF, which I found on Nvidia cards the need for AA is higher than ATI, because on my old ATI card it'd look pretty good even without AA or AF.

and I use the same plugins, other ones aren't as fast or don't work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dizzy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the thing is that since it overclocks the game, they say that you need a more powerful Pc to run it.

I have a pretty standard rig (Core2Duo 2.2ghz + Nvidia Gforce 8500) and fortunately I can run the game with max settings and filters and get no lag.

Try playing the game in full screen, since you may get some slowdowns if you are playing it in windows mode.

You can also mess around with the counter factor. If you set it to "1" you'll get 60fps, if you set it to "2" you'll get 50-60fps, if you set it to "3" you'll get 40-60 fps.

As for the plugins, the emulator is pretty old, that's probably why some plugins don't work, but for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark is amazing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: