ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

No Temple Mission?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcbrainlegend
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: No Temple Mission? Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, you guys have probably moved on from making Solo missions out of the Goldeneye multi levels now you have this new hammer level creator, but I was just wondering how come a Temple Mission was never made from the Multi levels?

I know theres a Caves in development/on hold or whatever and I saw a Library mission video on Youtube.com which was awesome ( and a complex mission too), but how come there is no Temple? I think it would make a terrific solo level, as I think I remember reading Wreck said in a post that it would be a sequel to Eqyptian.

I dont actually play any of these levels you guys have made, and its doubtful I ever will (I am PAL, not NTSC and dont have the first clue how to get started) but im just as happy being able to see the levels come to life through videos and pictures. Im not even that much of a gamer, aside from playing this game of course, but for some reason, Goldeneye, always being the #1 game for me, still holds a perverse interest with me after 10 years of playing it and I am delighted to see that people are still playing it and making new levels for it!

But back to the original question, yeah..how come there wasnt a Temple mission made?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: No Temple Mission? Reply with quote Back to top

mcbrainlegend wrote:
I dont actually play any of these levels you guys have made, and its doubtful I ever will (I am PAL, not NTSC and dont have the first clue how to get started) but im just as happy being able to see the levels come to life through videos and pictures. Im not even that much of a gamer, aside from playing this game of course, but for some reason, Goldeneye, always being the #1 game for me, still holds a perverse interest with me after 10 years of playing it and I am delighted to see that people are still playing it and making new levels for it!

Can't your computer run an N64 emulator? You should give one a try if you haven't, that's how most of us are playing the levels. Here's a link to GE MASTER's N64 emulator tutorial:
http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/goldeneye_emulation_emulators.php

mcbrainlegend wrote:
But back to the original question, yeah..how come there wasnt a Temple mission made?

Scaramanga was working on one, hasn't posted any progress in a while though:
http://shootersforever.battlefieldforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=2256

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can also tell you that somebody else in here is working on a temple mission, though I'm probably sworn to secrecy as to who, and it will probably be some time before its finished.

mcbrainlegend
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: No Temple Mission? Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Dragonsbrethren"]
mcbrainlegend wrote:

Can't your computer run an N64 emulator? You should give one a try if you haven't, that's how most of us are playing the levels. Here's a link to GE MASTER's N64 emulator tutorial:
http://www.goldeneyeforever.com/goldeneye_emulation_emulators.php

Oh right thanks, ill give it a try but i cant imagine this game without the controller

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Buy an Adaptoid. There's a link to the site to buy them on goldeneyeforever.com Smile

(Personally I prefer my PS2 controller, the sticks on N64 controllers wear out way too fast)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aren't adaptoids not sold anymore

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.ztnetstore.com/product_info.php/cPath/23/products_id/38

$36?! What a ripoff, the adapter for my PS2 controller was only $12, allows me to attach two controllers, and has spiffy blue LEDs to indicate when they're plugged in.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SWEET BACK IN STOCK! Preordering 3 more so I can play 4p (in my mind) as I continue to play 1 player online.

Seriously, the adaptoid is worth it. It is identical to the N64 in control. I would definitely buy one. I used to have that garbagey blue one, and it is awful.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AWESOME! I checked that site literally 2 days ago and they weren't taking orders.

re: Adaptoid ripoff. LOL, not exactly! Their ebay value currently is around $100 a piece.

btw - I bought 2 of them last time around, I think I'll pick up 2 more now. Its too bad we don't know if this will be the final run, you could stock up on them and make a FORTUNE selling them off one at a time on ebay.

I see that site also now carries usb adapters for both NES and SNES controllers. That's the first time I've ever saw those before.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's pretty cool, I didn't know they had NES controllers to wii either.

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

mcbrainlegend
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome. I wont have much money till March though. Do you think if i wait that long Ill still be able to get an adaptoid??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: