ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Stage Scaling...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Stage Scaling... Reply with quote Back to top

In PD, they apparently did away with the Stage Scales. Which means that all backgrounds are built at a 1.0 scale. However, in the table that sets up the levels, there are "1.0" values throughout. If you modify these, they do not seem to affect the stage. Which leaves me wondering, is it possible to enable the Stage Scaling? If so, porting maps from GoldenEye would be possible. Not to say that it isn't already, but the vast majority of them would be far too small to play. Increasing their size, like I had tried to in the past, resulted in edges that wouldn't connect. But if a proper scaling could be done by the game, they'd be back to full-size.

Just thought about it, while browsing through old pics.

Such as...

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, everything in the stage needed to be multiplied by this multiplier. I'm guessing if they stopped using it, a lot of things wouldn't function properly. You don't know if they ended up using it though and just hardcoded to 1.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What level are those pics from?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's Caves? It's called "Cavescomparison"

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that's one of the Caves' rooms, ported to PD from GoldenEye. It had been falsely upscaled, to closely meet the size of the original in-stage model. However, since rooms can't properly be connected through that method, the project died. The only way to resurrect it, would be to figure out whether or not Stage Scaling is still possible in Perfect Dark, and activate it if possible.

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I don't get this Stage Scaling... so the maps/world of Goldeneye is smaller? Did I get it?
So if you port the map in PD, there are no room to move?

Am I wrong?

Confused

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, that's basically it.
The scale at which they built the levels in GE was smaller. They then increased the overall size of them in-game by adjusting their scales. So when you port them into PD, you find a much small representation of the model we're used to. And since they're so small, it leaves you with barely any room to fit inside. You feel like Godzilla at a mini-putt golf course.

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

But you can scale objects with GE editor, right?
Maybe there would be some editor to scale objects and maps in PD too?
I really don't know anything about scaling, but if it is possible in GE, does it differ so much in PD?

Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: