ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What is the fastest you can make a level?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How fast can you make a typical stage?
5-10 minuets for a multiplayer map
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
30 minuets for a multiplayer map
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Approximately 1 hour for a solo mission
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Over 1 hour for a solo mission
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Several hours for a solo mission
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 6

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: What is the fastest you can make a level? Reply with quote Back to top

The GoldenEye Setup Editor has made it super easy to make new solo and multiplayer missions, but how long does it really take? I can make an easy multiplayer map in about 5-10 minuets, not stressing about perfection. A typical solo level takes about an hour or two, or maybe less depending on how good you want it to be. I stress solo levels alot. It really bugs me whenever I try to make a solo stage because I always strive to make it unique and awsome. How long can you make a mission or multiplayer map? Please post your answers.

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It can usually take a whole lot longer than several hours. If you want it to be any good, that is. Multiplayer setups aren't nearly as bad, because of their simple nature. But Mission setups, those take time. Of course, it all depends on how complex you want it to be. If you're using presets from the stage, it's easier. If you're creating your own custom presets, it requires more patience and experimentation. Nevermind the action blocks. Those can give you a good game of tug-of-war.

It's up to what you're planning to do, and who is doing it.
Everybody is different.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the setup editor is the easiest it is going to get. It will always take some time to make levels. No matter how much we try to avoid it, there is ALWAYS some sort of work involved. I am actually thinking of setting a kitchen timer to half an hour and testing myself to see if I could make a multiplayer map.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did the Office multiplayer setup in what seemed like a few minutes, probably closer to an hour, I lose track of time when I'm working on a project. As Wreck already said it takes a ton of time to do a good solo setup, I worked on the Silo mission for about a month (With a nice, long break in the middle).

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow I never realized it was that tough. It almost sounds discouraging that it would take that long. I am still going to do Citadel. I sort of have to now anyways, because of all the talk I've caused. I will have lifted a huge burden when I finally finish it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: