GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldneye - Facility BZ 2.1 - Who Knows! [Marked for moving]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, Ill just post to confirm. Same Server and stats as above. Your map, Smile . My username will be Kcghost, I'll wait in there until I see a "Wreck" or something similiar, then i'll start the game. If you have any problems, just post or IM me. I'll be on that serv .... 7:55 to 8:10 waiting for you. (I like to establish a window, lol)

We shouldn't have any problems with lag, but quality of gameplay on emulator is anybody's opinion. Personally I love emulator, but since I could never get a mouse input plugin properly working (I should try again) and am too cheap to get an N64 to USB converter thingy, I play with the keyboard which is a bit hard. Therefore, with so many excuses available, its fun, but it in no way represents anyone's skill with the game when playing online (besides, armed with artmoney you could probly even cheat Kaillera Very Happy )

Well anyways, Ill see you at eight Wreck, as well as anybody else who decides to join in.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good, KC.
I'm not that concerned about lag, but the actual emulation of the game on my computer. It never runs at a great framerate, except for in the folders and part of the intro. I did figure out how to get the backgrounds to load, though. The fogging option had to be disabled. Now the graphics are all nice and pretty. If only it'd run as well as it looks...

Using a keyboard to play GoldenEye is terribley confusing. It's nearly impossible to strafe properly, while stopping to bring up your crosshairs is likely to get your killed. If my PC ran it better, I'd grab an adapter. My firm belief is that the N64 controller helped make it the game it is today. Classic and easy to master. I still can't get used to the controls for PS2 and GameCube FPS titles. Confused

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Of course this has to happen today of all days.
Nineteen64 won't start a game. It tries to, then a message pops up...
Emulation thread error @ blah, blah, blah.
I can get one of my GoldenEye ROMs to load, but it's in a Zip file. Not sure whether or not it'll work online. It's probably because I chose to open the cheat file with Notepad. A few of the files in the 1964 folder changed their icon to that of the Notepad type file. I don't know how to return them to their original type. Uninstalling, deleting, then getting a new one didn't help matters. The files were still Notepad's. If anyone here knows how to correct this, please post how.
Thanks.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, err, that shouldnt matter too much. If .CHT files are associated with Notepad, doesnt matter too much, unless you changed it into a TXT file. To see extensions and rename back into CHT, here are my instructions:
Windows 98 (going by memory here) : Open up a folder, View>Folder Options> View (Tab)> Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known types" I actually have that unchecked all the time, im always changing extensions for some reason or another.

Emulation Thread errors are usually because of cheats, and if you screwed up the cheat database, it might be causiing it, but i kinda doubt it. Just go Edit>Cheat Codes> Uncheck "Use Cheat Codes". In most cases, you do not need to open up 1964's CHT file, you can add cheats pretty easily with the nice interface it gives you. And you do not have to have the cheats in your file for hacked map online gameplay. The game "creator" chooses the cheats, and they are automatically sent and interpreted and used by the other emulators.

Im on AIM (GhosKC) if you have it and need help. Im a computer geek first, lol.

O wait, didnt read that all the way. In a zipped file shouldnt mean anything, should be good.

NOTE: I edited this post several times. In short, go on Kaillera, lets play. Dont worry about it until we utterly know its a problem.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I need to test out some things, Wreck. Something doesnt seem right, this has happend in the past for me, but I have played on another persons Goldneye game with no such problems, although I might have jsut been ignorant. Im gonna test out the respawn problem in no lag (LAN), see if it comes up. I have yet to really instensley test out this stuff, I need to see If the codes are causing problems etc.

As readers might infer, me and Wreck had major problems to say the least, lol.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like we've lost eachother.
If you start up a game, I should be able to locate where you are under the Waiting Games tab. Then I can connect to that server and join in. We should try it with no codes and a regular stage like the Complex.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, wasn't too bad without codes. We desynched usually after the first couple minutes of play though. Respawns worked fine, Codes im gonna check into, but Desynch is the major problem on Kaillera. You can notice it when the other player starts to look like an idiot, running into walls, many times slapping them, because to them, ur the one who looks like an idiot and they are trying to kill you.

This happens because the server does NOT manage the game, it manages INPUT. THats why Kaillera supports so many games, all it is doing is transferring your ups and downs and a's and b's from one emulator to another. If there is a lag, and some of that ups downs, a's and b's disappears, you get Desynch. Your character moved, but your character did NOT move on the other screen, thus causes an off-balance enough to cause major problems pretty quickly.

We both had good pings, however, performance is never any better than the worst emulaltor playing, and with ping/server crowds, a little worse.

I got the only kill that was real, I won Very Happy . Just Kidding, it ended up not being too bad minus the desynchs but its hard to play on keyboard. We would have to play A. with a console or B. with no lag whatsever and good PC's to determine any real skill with the game.

For those who are now de-enthuaised or scared away from Kaillera, dont be. We picked the worst Multi game to play online, Goldeneye requires high performance, even on this PC (which is pretty good) I get 40 out of 60 VPS (somehow equivalent to some sort of FPS) many times (in single play). Super Smash Brothers is popular over Kaillera, as it doesnt require as much computer power. (and is the very defintition of awesome Multiplayer)

In conclusion, get good PC's all of you, lol. I need to check out codes (ALthough I saw them transfer, Wreck's emulator didnt seem to take them, which caused really really big problems, lol ) And .. beware the wretched Desynch! It is a cursed word!
Smile

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Double-Post for notification of the really big updation of my previous post.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only real kill was made in the Stack within the first minute of gameplay. After that, it went bad. I changed my window resolution and video plugin so that the game looked like crap. You should see what I was looking at...

Player one's screen kept flickering, which is why it is totally white in the picture. The only visible areas were the striped wall textures on the first floor, everything else was white. This got very confusing as I went up the ramp to collect the armour.

I'd like to try this again, but perhaps with another game. Maybe Perfect Dark, Super Smash Bros., or Mario Kart 64. We'll have to decide on a time and title and give it another go. It was fun to try out, even if it didn't work very well.

By the way, I was kicking your butt in the Complex. Razz

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh geez Wreck, switch to a different video plugin! Read my tutorial and try Project64's! Hey, finally some hint of what your PC is, thats XP! With a little tinkering, I know you can get 1964 to run faster, and since Project 64 1.7 will offer low-level graphics, you wont have to worry about speed for too long. BTW for readers, (im getting too dependent on these btws) Project 64 beta is availbe for download, BUT, you have to fork up money and donate, so yeah um, basically wait Smile. and still BTW, check out ArtMoney. Im not even saying this for your sake anymore, I want you to make your codes faster, lol.

Well anyway, on to what I was gonna post here for. I tried codes with zero ping. Even with both parties having the codes and turning them on before starting the game, only the game creator has the effect of the codes. The codes transfer over the text window, but never get interpreted. You can blame that on 1964's Kaillera client.

How about other emulatora? What other ones? The current Project64 does not support Net Play, so the only one that could do it is Project64k. Tried it. It actually allows you to *try* to put on the codes mid-game, which I like and I thought it might actually work. It didn't. Once I enabled a code it flipped out and desynched.

So basically, im really hoping Project64 1.7 has all the features its supposed to have when its released, and im hoping its released soon. BTW, check out the Project64 website to see the features, some hackers here such as Wreck and Zoinkity may be very happy to see one of them. Very Happy But still get ArtMoney.

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to play, but on a keyboard and without the use of a controller. Could you give me a link on the lowdown on how to do it. Maybe the mouse would be more accurate, just tried it, don't think it would be the same but since you live on the other side of the country I guess I have no choice, I'm in the process of getting a new computer so maybe in the near future.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I really can't say a lot about the keyboard and mouse, but it's done easily with a certain input plugin. You best bet is checking the emutalk forums. Search it. There is tons of interest in about that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: