ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

A question about the Jungle ladder patch...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: A question about the Jungle ladder patch... Reply with quote Back to top

I'm curious - how did zoinkity add the image of the ladder to the Jungle GE BG file? I'm presuming it isn't using the Editor?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mostly manual work. He used the editor to add a new room for the ladder, then fitted it to the right spot, then clipped it. Knowing zoinkity it was all manual.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My best guess, is that he first had to determine the points used by the open section of the lookout tower. To do that, he'd have needed to look at the texture call in the indice file for that room. Knowing what texture is applied to those points, he could find out the coordinates he'd need. That would give him his X, Y and Z. He would also need to know the Y-Coordinate of the floor, so that it could reach down to it. With all the points known to him, he'd setup the ladder commands in a secondary indice file, and create two triangles for it to be drawn to. Check, tweak, check, tweak, etc. Until he was finally happy with it. Then he'd add his clipping for the ladder and tower, make sure the tiles all connected point-to-point, and set their links.

Doesn't that sound easy? Shocked
Hehe.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where would we be without him!?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it was mostly manual work ;*) I don't have much ram so the editor runs slowly - when I'm on the computer that can run it properly...

Well, the clipping was done first. Split a few tiles, which is a whole lot faster in binary. The ladder's top and bottom point were fairly easy to get from the model, compensated for by position. Once you have clipping coords, you can set up model coords and vice-versa.

The room might have had a secondary display list and this was tacked in... Can't remember exactly. Either way, copied the secondary from the room in the caves with the ladder, deleted the mounts from the sides, and set it to the top point. It extends below the room, incidentally. Looked at it and it happened to overlap the brace on the post, so pulled the landing forward a little. That was about it for tweaks.

Came together surprisingly quickly. Not sure if the editor even has tools to let you do some of these things. Probably in there someplace.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: