ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

All the PD levels will work in-game shortly
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: All the PD levels will work in-game shortly Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck discovered the problem with the ones crashing. Apparently PD supports texturing a triangle using two textures at once with interlaced textures, and GE only supports that if they are not interlaced. The interlaced versions look like "C6", "C0", "C5" in the type in image tools. If you want a head start, since I won't be posting this till next week, apply the textures patch I included to make a ROM, then go to Image tools for that ROM, in the new PD ones, any one that has a C6, C0, or C5, go into the ROM MANUALLY in a hex editor and change the C to a 4. I will, however, have a full pack in a about a week or so.

Even Defection loads in GE!!! Area 51 still having trouble though.

The following are left for me to do (just haven't had time yet):
OK, the ones I have left to do are Investigation, Area 51s, and I haven't tested Pipes, Villa, Warehouse, Temple, Felicity, Complex, Base, Air base.

Soon I will update the PD Installer to include all of the maps working (except maybe A51 if I can't get it going), and everyone can jointly finish clipping all these ! ( a cinch with the new editor).

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NOTE: Defection will not work yet because the one included has too many rooms, same with A51 and maybe more. I am redoing it.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just me or does the Lucerne Tower look a lot better in GE than it did in PD?

I'm definitely looking forward to this release. Smile

Last edited by Dragonsbrethren on Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total

mcbrainlegend
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow nice one

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great job *thumbs up* keep up the great work

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad to see that the remaining stages are being corrected. I would venture to guess that both dD Investigation and Air Base are okay, since Kode-Z posted pictures of them from in-game. The others, however, I don't know. By Villa, do you mean the mission version, or the Combat Simulator map? Probably the story mode one, since we already have the CS one available (thanks to Kode-Z's efforts).

I'd be more than happy to help check the rest. I can't recall all the maps that have too many rooms, but I believe atleast the Lucerne Tower, Area 51 and Deep Sea (was it?) do. I could make an outdoor only version of Area 51. Sort of how the first mission in that chapter was set.

DB, Sub and I both seem to also think that these PD maps - for some odd reason - look better in GoldenEye. Maybe it's just the fact that... well, it's GoldenEye! Razz

By the way, does Bond's slapper hand look better in Sub's picture, or am I on crack??

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so even single player levels from PD are being ported to GE? that is awesome. so many new maps for ge the fun never stops lol

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm currently going through the remaining PD maps, to see which ones load and which ones don't. I think pretty much all of them, aside from any that have too many rooms, should be fine. The only exception is Area 51. Not only does it contain far too many rooms, but it also has numerous textures that need their headers changed.

The following are screenshots of various stages.
I'll continue to add new pictures here, as I test the maps.

dD Tower: Rooftop...

dD Tower: Offices...

dD Tower: Ground Floor...

dD Labs...

Chicago...

G5 Building...

Carrington Villa...

Air Base...

Air Force One...

Crash Site...

Pelagic II...

Deep Sea: Section A...

Deep Sea: Section B...

Deep Sea: Section C...

Carrington Institute...

Attack Ship...

Skedar Ruins...

Skedar CS...

Pipes...

Ravine...

G5 Building CS...

Sewers...

Warehouse...

Grid...

Ruins...

Area 52...

Base...

Fortress...

Villa CS...

Car Park...

Temple... (experiencing a problem with light beams - emu?)

Complex...

Felicity...

Last edited by Wreck on Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:46 pm; edited 36 times in total

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At last! I can get to work in comfort! Great job, guys!

Hey, Wreck - judging by those pics, do the PD presets ACTUALLY load?!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've actually deleted everything but the one spawn point I plotted, in a location I thought would make for the best picture. The crates you see in Warehouse and Base are part of the architecture. However, the pads from the maps do work in GE just fine. Infact, everything in my G5 Building mission has been used directly from those PD presets.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got your PM, SubDrag.

I've been doing clipping for a few of these levels. Pipes is going to be a challenge, with those pipes' clipping tiles not meeting the tiles of the floor next to it.

In the topic of PD levels in GE, another idea (If possible!) is the possibility of adding images of ladders in places where there were lifts in PD. This would be a good addition to the GE versions.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck - are these pics in-game shots or shots of the Visual Window in the Editor?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All of these shots were taken in-game. I've just clipped a small area and added a start point, simply to make sure they'll load. I suppose I should've been holding a weapon, but I didn't want to distract from the maps too much.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to point something out relating to PD maps loading...

As is, loading Felicity and Air Base would only load if you made a new setup whilst a PD level was loaded (from my experience). Any theories?

mcbrainlegend
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dont remember ever playing base or sewers in PD multi. New to me! Good job anyway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: