ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

All the PD levels will work in-game shortly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thats freakin awesome man lol wish i could helps somehow but i know squat about hacking. i could learn though but... hmm lol i sorta dont have the time

by the way just a curiousity, could it be possible to create halo maps from halo ce? like hang em high or those maps, if possible. that would be just sweet glory! lol

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag - I've done the clipping for Area 52. I'll send the file to you tomorrow.

It is complete - although some work will need to be done on the basis of being able to walk through pillars. At least it is done - it just needs tweaking.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking we're going to need to keep people informed about who is doing what. Dragonsbrethren was also working on Area 52, and is going through the process of cleaning it up. May as well save eachother as much time and trouble as possible.

I've got the G5 Building and Platform on the go.
The Platform is done, but I'm finishing up the setup file for it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be doing dD: Research, Crash Site, Ravine and eventually Pelagic II. (Not simultaniously!) Ravine is nearly complete.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey Kode-Z why is your villa level rom a larger file size than all the other goldeneye patched roms? just wondering

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

r.e.l. 237 wrote:
hey Kode-Z why is your villa level rom a larger file size than all the other goldeneye patched roms? just wondering

Haven't got a clue, to be honest with you! Probably due to the level size?

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kode-Z wrote:
r.e.l. 237 wrote:

Haven't got a clue, to be honest with you! Probably due to the level size?

well i mean all the other patched roms i have are the same size as the original game except that one and i figured it was maybe your way of programming or something. but anyways its no problem it still works, online too Exclamation Twisted Evil

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's because the GE ROM I used when making the IPS patch was 16mb instead of 12mb. In future I'll be using the 12mb one. Thanks for pointing that out, r.e.l. 237!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had noticed the larger size of your Villa ROM, myself. There appears to be a bunch of garbage data near the 12mb point, through to the end. I just removed it from my patched ROM, then filled in the remainder with FF's. If you'd like, I could make a new patch for you. Not only will it be the correct size, but I'll add Zoinkity's impact fix. Also, it's up to you, but I could throw in the PD ammo crates. Perhaps you can make another release, once you've done the RGB colouration for the light map within the clipping.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would you mind doing the new patch for me? With the PD crates/impact fixes? I'd appreciate that! I'm going to be a bit busy myself in the next couple of weeks, but I'll try to carry on with clipping and whatnot.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, not at all. I already have two of the three things taken care of, anyway. It's only a matter of including the ammo crate. This is only for the skyless version, though. Well, I guess it'd be easy enough to copy the weather blocks out of the other ROM and put them in the new one.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

r.e.l. 237 wrote:
by the way just a curiousity, could it be possible to create halo maps from halo ce? like hang em high or those maps, if possible. that would be just sweet glory! lol

If a tool exists to convert Halo maps to .obj it should be possible.

Wreck wrote:
I'm thinking we're going to need to keep people informed about who is doing what. Dragonsbrethren was also working on Area 52, and is going through the process of cleaning it up. May as well save eachother as much time and trouble as possible.

Area 52 is going to take forever at the pace I'm working, I just can't get the clipping right.

I also have plans for an Air Force One solo mission.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't wait to see everyone's clipping files! Those levels looking stunning in-game. I personally think they look better than in PD for some reason.

BTW - if the PD original setup doesn't work, trying deleteing the glass (2A and 2F types). They, for some reason, don't seem to port properly.

Wreck - we need to coordinate textures patches.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To fix pillars we do a special trick in the setup file - put a crate at the location, turn on the flags to make it invisible, invincible, etc, but force collisions. Then you can't see the crate, but it blocks your movement past it.

DELETED

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: