ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

All the PD levels will work in-game shortly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
To fix pillars we do a special trick in the setup file - put a crate at the location, turn on the flags to make it invisible, invincible, etc, but force collisions. Then you can't see the crate, but it blocks your movement past it.

Now why didn't I think of that? Razz

Still need to figure out what's stopping the ladders from working though.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Their tiles are set to ladder right? And when you click you can see the connections to the bottom and top? Maybe need to do a Redo Connections and/or Stan Convert.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I remember that trick from the Upper Fortress release. I think we even tried it out on Car Park, back when the two of us were trying to get it going. Connecting rooms, because the tiles didn't line up, was causing us to constantly go out of bounds when we crossed the threshold. But with the new tools in the Editor, it's become that much easier. And fast, very fast. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Area 52 ladders' clipping tiles don't meet those of the ones at the floor at the bottom of the ladder - hence you can't climb them. It's more of a pain than I thought!

Did you get the clipping file I sent you, SubDrag?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you gotten the PD Area 52 setup to work yet? I was wondering if you're having the same problem I am, all the double doors and the doors used for the windows in that bunker are missing. They show fine in the setup editor but in-game they're not there.

I'm going to try inserting my own doors in the same positions and see what happens, maybe something's just off about those presets.

Edit: It must be the presets, my door showed up fine.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder why manual clipping is easier in some levels compared to others? I mean - what determines where the triangles are anyway? Can this be adjusted?

Dragonbrethren - I believe it's the presets, as you've confirmed anyway...

I think that it's wise if we point out which levels have awkward clipping so that we can save those for later, and get the easier ones out of the way.

So far, the ones I've come across are:
Felicity,
Base,
Area 52,
Sewers,

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there's more...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Many of the maps have the odd area that will require manual labour to correct, as the floor tiles go through a vertical structure. This can also be found in Air Base, Crash Site and Skedar Ruins, from quick tests. I'm sure many more will crop up as we begin clipping them.

The only stages I have left to get going, are the following...
dD Corporate HQ: Lucerne Tower
Area 51 Top Secret Research Facility
Pelagic II Deep Sea Research Vessel
Cetan Ship
Carrington Institute (crashes in Editor for me)
Skedar Assault Ship
Skedar Ruins

I've added many new pics on page one, so check them out.

Last edited by Wreck on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
r.e.l. 237 wrote:
by the way just a curiousity, could it be possible to create halo maps from halo ce? like hang em high or those maps, if possible. that would be just sweet glory! lol

If a tool exists to convert Halo maps to .obj it should be possible.

would something like this do? i mean i dont know but i think i heard some of the tools mentioned in this post around here and it says u can save them as .obj i think.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=123383

also if i were to take up this task what should be my first steps and what knowledge should i acquire on this subject?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, from the sound of it you can get away with following step one for now. Download Sparkedit, export the mesh to .obj, then follow SubDrag's tutorial for importing a room from Hammer, once you've got the .obj the process should be the same. Let us know how it goes, if you have trouble you can start a new topic about it. If I had a copy of Halo I'd give it a try myself, I don't though.

If you get the room imported the next thing you'd want to do is use a model editor to group the rooms together and try importing it as a map.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok ill give that a try, this should be fun

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've added a picture of the Carrington Institute, which actually looks really impressive in GE. For some reason, the project labelled "Institute" crashes the Editor for me, but "CITraining" loads up fine. Anyways, that's one more off the list.

Halo maps in GE?
That'd be interesting...

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ooh, shiny. Surprised

I wasn't sure if GE supported that translucent floor thing they did in PD, nice to see that it does. You could get two nice multi setups out of CI, the top floor offices and training areas and the bottom floor and hangers.

Edit: Wait, of course it's supported, they did the same thing in Egyptian.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad this is all coming to fruition. PD maps do look much more detailed in GE compared to PD. We're gonna have a whale of a time with these maps once all the clippings sorted!

I'm looking into eventually doing a solo mission with the Pelagic II map, which to me reminds me of Silo from GoldenEye because of the the endless corridors and floors.

Good work, Wreck!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I also think Pelagic II would be way better in GE. I'm going to post A52 in a mo.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to fix some of the clipping issues with Area 52. Room 04, the caution striped window room with two pillars, has been taken care of. I didn't realize how many of this same situation occurs around the map, so it may take some time. Also, the angled hallways need to be thinned out, so your upper body doesn't stick through the walls. For now, the invisible object trick will have to cut it. Only problem with that is, if you use Walk Through Props (800364CB 0000), you'll go through them. Also, any new setups in Area 52 would need those back in place.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: