ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

All the PD levels will work in-game shortly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All I'm actually doing as of right now, is getting all of the maps ready to be re-released in the GoldenEditor's updated PD Package. Sub has re-ported every background with the new "exception" values, which should ensure that nothing is missing from any map. Also, there was an issue with certain ones having each texture doubled. That has also been taken care of.

The only thing that is taking some time, is dealing with three maps. The dataDyne Corporate Headquarters, Lucerne Tower. The Top-Secret Government Facility, Area 51. And the Sentient Alien Spacecraft, Cetan Ship. Because of the amount of rooms it takes to make each of these backgrounds, they can't be played as is in GoldenEye. The number needs to be reduced to 0x95 (149) rooms in order for them to work. So, that's what I've been doing. Expect to see about three versions of each of those, though it may even be more for A51. Deep Sea's three should be finished now, and dD Tower is getting close.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Moon looks great. Didn't realize it wasn't a secondary indice hehe.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just a little bit of an update. I tried to get an exterior only map of Area 51 to load, but the emulator kept sending me an error. I then tested just one interior room, and it loaded fine. So, it looks like I'll have to determine what in the first 0x20 (32) rooms is causing PJ64 to crash. That'll be my task for the day, as well as (hopefully) completing the outdoors background file.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe I've narrowed it down to the three-piece tunnel, as everything else loads fine. I'm not sure if it's all three of the rooms which comprises the tunnel or not, so I'll have to check each of them out to be certain. Anyways, here's your first look at Area 51 (Exterior) in GoldenEye - the final stage to be ported!

Earlier Progress...

Current Progress...

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

omg i am in awe that looks beautiful! i imagine thats in game, is that normal graphics ? nice work!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, those shots were both taken in-game. The graphics are whatever my computer specs + Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6 offers. Incredibly, these stages look even better in GoldenEye. You wouldn't think so, but it definitely seems to be true. Most tend to agree, thus far.

Regarding Area 51: I've narrowed the crashing issue down to a single texture. However, I'm not sure how to handle this one. Unlike the others, this one is greyscale. For now, I've cheaply swapped it out for another one in each of the three tunnel rooms. I'm really not that happy with it, but atleast it's gotten the level running. Here's a shot from 2-Player mode...

Look hard enough and you can see Bond and Natalya! Razz
If you're curious, the upper walls are using the ceiling texture.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great stuff! Which texture is it? I'll see about it later. GE barely supported all the greyscale types, most are unused or only once or twice. PD used much more variety.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see the moon in GE!

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Will this be released soon?!

I can't wait much longer!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to jump back on this as soon as I return home. Since the impact registration issue has since been corrected, I'll need to update the patches for each stage accordingly, then make new patches to replace them. That was the main reason why it had been held off. You couldn't even play multiplayer for over twenty-something seconds after acquiring a weapon. But now, that shouldn't be a problem.

Every stage in exception to dataDyne's Global Headquarters: Lucerne Tower and Area 51 should be good to go. Those two need to be split into smaller maps, otherwise they won't even work in GoldenEye due to the amount of rooms it takes to construct them.

I apologize for the wait on this, and will be getting it done very soon.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't mind taking a whack at part of the interior of the stage.

Incidentally, there's been trouble with another area51 greyscale recycled in the autoguns. It forms the base of it, but thankfully there's a GE lookalike that matches close enough.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, since I returned home earlier today, I got straight to work on these PD texture patches. All of them, with the obvious exception of every mission taking place in both the Lucerne Tower and Area 51, have been completed. I'd tested five different maps in multiplayer to make sure that the crashing issue didn't occur. You'll be happy to hear that it is no longer a problem. These are ready to go at any time.

As for Lucerne Tower and Area 51...
They both need to be trimmed down into smaller backgrounds. Much like with what I've done to Deep Sea. It's been split into three separate maps, to better suit GoldenEye. None of these sections physically connect in PD, as warping brings you from one to the other. This gives us three new multiplayer stages to play in, once they're clipped. The same sort of thing will happen to Area 51. I already have an exterior only background pretty much finished, but nothing for the interior locations as of yet. The Tower will be split into Upper, Lower and Full. Full will not feature the surrounding city environment, however. It takes up too many rooms on its own. I'll see what I can get done this week.

Expect a release very, very soon! Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EXCELLENT Smile

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great work, Wreck. I'm taking a bit of a break from GE right now but I'm glad these stages will be finished when I'm ready to get back into it again.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*drools at amazing progress*

I'm just so anxious to play it online!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: