ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Super Mario 007
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfacefreak
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Super Mario 007 Reply with quote Back to top

This idea came into my head last night. If we used toad's tool 64's textures and imported them into a wad and then re-create the castle.

Idk if it would work; but it is worth a shot Smile

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does Toad's Tool allow you to export the map geometry? It might be possible to just port the whole map that way if it does.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Posted on his board about exporting to .obj or any format but it seems to be ignored.

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi. I'm new arround here, so first of all, hello!

Actually, Toad's Tool 64 doesn't export geometry of any kind, although I think somewhere I read that he may add a feature to make new levels with new geometry, so importing and exporting would seem likely in the future.

I also wanted this, since I too am interested in having some mario stuff in an FPS, and what better than goldeneye, eh?

Anyway, a couple of days ago, I brought the matter into my own hands, and started doing this:

This is done on Sketchup, and although it's done by hand, I would say its quite accurate. It DOES export to obj, which is great as it affords me some steps converting things. I used the textures Toad's Tool Extracted for me.

I observed that the geometry is aligned to the dimensions of textures like the tiles of the floor and things like that. So I placed Mario over them and decided those tiles are 1 square meter (decimal system, people, I'm from Spain, so I don't understand feet and inches and all that, sorry). Also, things like stairs, all have a standard height that seems to be constant so far. That was quite nice for the designers to do and helps me a lot until I can dig the original models from the rom.[/img]

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow that's great!! I can't wait to see you put it into GE! Welcome Smile I think you'll be able to make a contribution and fast to our community.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, that looks incredible. Especially considering that you built the geometry yourself. It's a wonderful representation of the original. I've been interested in putting Mario 64 maps into GoldenEye myself, but wasn't sure where to start. I'd say you've definitely gotten a good lead on it. Make sure to keep us informed. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

UPDATE!

"Cool, Cool Mountain"'s picture room is actually somewhat different from the original because it has a strange alignment in the real game, and, actually, it is not symmetric. Quite extrange, as it has plenty space to be correctly sized and aligned and still not intersect with other rooms.
So, apart from the inexactitude that comes with any attempt to reproduce something without access to its source data, some things will be ever so slighty different, but not noticeable unless you scrutinize it, and anyway, its actually better because things are now better aligned than in the original.

Anyway, I can't actually take care of this right now (I need a complete reinstalation of my computer, so may errors are due to this), but I'm having trouble with the Setup Editor.
The problem is, I don't get ho you move yourself arround the levels, or how to do anything at all.
Also, my PAL rom, dumped from cart with my AR and identified as [!] by goodtools, when used in the Setup Editor -the Quick Convert field in preferences, for example- gives me a "Wrong Region" message, no matter if I tick PAL or NTSC.
So, I'll be needing a little help with that (or maybe a lot Embarassed)for when I have my computer correctly set up and running.
For now, I'll keep building the geometry.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great job on that! Mario level looks fantastic. Oh you need to use an NTSC ROM, I'm sorry about that, but there's only token PAL support. It should be easy to grab it on a google search.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see...
Does that mean I can't play levels on console with my AR?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's awesome!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can't play full new levels on either NTSC or PAL. Only setups can be uploaded to an AR.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I see. And keeping it to setups only, can they be uploaded to a PAL game, or that's still only available to NTSC?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They can be uploaded to both, except text for setups can only be NTSC.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

handtrails! and a little experiment.

Probably not the best way to do it, now that I see it finished, and of course useles as an emplacement without some protecting walls.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing stuff, radorn!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: