ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Halo Combat Evolved Maps to GE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes thanks to subdrag we finally have the map in ge editor, we're halfway there!

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BOO YAH! how ya like me no! Laughing

finally after some headaches and thanks to subdrag's help, we are here.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i am currently doing clipping, then i will place all the multi spawns from the original halo and test it, hopefully i do a good job Smile

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never played any of the Halo maps, other than the campaign ones, but I'm certainly interested to see how this pans out. Great job getting it going. Your persistence has really paid off. Plus, it doesn't hurt when SubDrag pitches in with a project. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yes i was just about to give up today too Very Happy but if this is succesfull ill bring as many maps as i can from halo and trust me theyre fun

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey wreck do u happen to know how to clip inclines? cuz i have clipped flat surfaces in room positions by converting room floors to clipping but how do i do inclines that dont seem to work that way or with converting triangle to clipping

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any kind of ramped floor or platform should be able to be done by using Convert Triangle to Clipping. If that doesn't seem to create a clipping tile at the very same location, than I'm not sure what's going wrong. I haven't had any trouble with it, other than sometimes Convert Room Floor to Clipping not always cooperating. Be sure to have Clipping ON, so that you can see the tiles as they are made. But becareful that none get moved or deleted accidentally, as that can sometimes happen when either switching modes or disabling / enabling the clipping viewer.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah thanks ill try that again

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

also is there a way to select multiple tiles so i dont have to clip one by one? like ctrl and select or something

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By the looks of things, holding Control doesn't effect Room Positions mode. You can, however, hold Shift to select more than one room, but it doesn't appear to work on the triangles that make up the model. So for now, you'll have to do them one-by-one.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah cuz unfortunately i had a lot of it done (triangles worked for planes Very Happy) but it froze and i lost all clipping lol but i was wondering if i could do it faster but ill do it one by one to avoid any mistakes. and i tried it ingame witha lil clipping, it works except i gotta change scale lol we were huge in the map!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I save constantly when working on clipping, because I know what it's like to lose a lot of unsaved work. Also, be sure to create a backup of it every once in awhile, just to be safe. If anything were to happen to your only copy, I'm sure it wouldn't be a very nice feeling.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

can i change the scale even after i create the map and everything? so i dont have to start a new one if the scale is wrong

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, the scale can easily be adjusted at anytime, without effecting the progress of your clipping tiles. It's done in an index file, which sets up all of the stages, as well as tons of other things. The Editor is capable of handling it, once you're ready to check it out in-game.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok i have two questions, is there a way to inhibit movement of clipping snce twice ive accidentaly moved it, or is there a way to undo the movement

also if some tiles dont work clipping as room floor is it ok if i use clipping as triangle?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: