ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Your rules, tips, and preferences in GE multiplayer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stack_master
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Your rules, tips, and preferences in GE multiplayer Reply with quote Back to top

When I'm playing with my friends we always take Goldeneye a little more serious than other games. Competition is intense and heated at times..anyway heres how we do it.

Always license to kill, theres no other way to play it in my opinion.

No short people, Odd Job, one of the moonraker elites, the short bitch in the blue suit..cant exactly remember which she is.

We always prefer prox mines at the stack, rocket launchers at the bunker, grenade launchers at the complex or archives, power weapons at the temple, lasers at the facility, timed mines at the caves or caverns...never do we play library or basement, we hate those levels, considering they are pointless.

No ducking, or sliding back and forth, just something we made because it was just dumb to do.

Start offs, if someone starts off in the vent above the crapper at the facility and another opponent awaits them, they cannot waste any time, face their fate, and be killed. Same with at the bunker, if someone starts off outside and an opponent awaits inside by the door..no wasting time, no being stupid, come out and face the consiquences.

I dont have much technical tips, aside from the obvious ones. Plant mines in ammo, sliding doors and dark corners. Pick a character that blends in with the level so you're atleast remotely camo'd. Theres a great hiding spot at the complex where you can look through 2 windows, below are parts of the level where people commonly walk across, a grenade launcher is provided to you in this spot. If anyone is wondering where it is it's above the ramp where the yellow room is. When people go by or you see someone on your radar coming in, grenade the crap out of them.

Favorite character to be would have to be Jungle Commando, the face is priceless. Being a scientist is cool too because by the end of the game you're a bloody mess.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

uhh... edit that post. its a bit disturbing

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Your rules, tips, and preferences in GE multiplayer Reply with quote Back to top

stack_master wrote:
Original post has since been edited.

That is a little wrong, I have to agree with Jett.

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've gone ahead and edited the last part of the post. The first time reading it threw me off, too. With all of your tips and custom scenarios, vulgar material isn't necessary. I hope you don't take any offense to this, as we enjoy having as many GoldenEye fans here as possible, while maintaining a certain level of decency. Welcome to the Shooters Forever message board. We're glad to have you as a member. Smile

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have one rule. If it moves shoot it. Actually even if it isn't moving shoot it anyway. Is that two rules? No rules. Stack though, I won't take a cheesy regen sequence kill. Far too lame and I would be the only one with the knowledge in our group so I don't cheat in that way. LTK is something that we only use now with the single screen setup.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... no spawn kills, or kills when the target has not picked up a weapon. no crouch-slapping, and thats some new terminology for GE Master.

"When an opponent crouches, strafes, and slaps all at once, this is called crouch-slapping."

or crotch slapping, whatever.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's only these three that we all will agree on...
a) No attacking an unarmed opponent while armed.
b) No spawn chasing.
c) No camping.

However, I will also switch my weapon to that of my opponents to even the odds. Pistols versus pistols, rifles versus rifles. Sadly, no one else seems to share the same compassion.

My weapon set of choice is the Automatics, as my two favourite firearms are the DD44 Dostovei and the D5K Deutsche. Defense Minister Dimitri Mishkin is the character I choose most often. Normal, but handicapped down to -4 (Veteran). First to 10 Points is a decent length. These are simply the settings I prefer, it all depends on who I'm up against.

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I made somewhat a topic like this but the purpose of this topic is to explain it more in-depth.

So no offense but some of those sound pretty girlish.

Go all out no mercy, be creative, invent anything you want. It is up to us fans to above and beyond what the game was intended for. If that's the best you can do stack master then you'll have a hard time going up against me.

ULTIMATELY, it's up to the players to declare the rules before the game starts just like any other game out there.

For me, the main thing I really hate is auto-aim.

Cool

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

navalofficer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We have been playing Bond tournements seriously for about 5 years and have trophy between all our teams so it goes pretty hard.

Always play teams 2 vs 2, health -10, sight on, autoaim off, vertical screen divider with no radair and use the universal characters cheat so that both players on the same team use identical characters. we have a 4 page doccument written up with all our official rules or setup and a ournament point scoring system. The tournement lasts 14 ten minute rounds with teams taking alternate terns in choosing the level and weapon.

Appart from that the only in-game rules we have are "no standing agaist swing doors in scenarios that dont have weapons that can penitrate doors" and no cheat codes like invisibility. Getting into facility vents cheat is legal however.

We decided that it is fair enough to do any other thing which are within the limits of the game like marking starting positinos. We pride ourselves on claiming that there is nothing more skillful then escaping from marked spawn positions or breaking into a secure room where usually the other ream would be called dishonorable.

Unfortunitly being from New Zealand on the otherside of the world we cant find enough good competition. It would be awesome to have a goldeneye world champs to see what you all got!!!!

E3Esxt02
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the only rule me and my friends play is if you are unarmed and you see someone coming you yell mercy...that's it other than that you can do whatever you want...that's the real way to play it to me

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One day having a world championship would be a dream come true. I have a feeling we're close to some sort of Apocalypse so I want to get a two days worth without sleep Goldeneye tournament in like the good old days.

Maybe when the airlines or corporations lower their prices, but it looks like the internet is the only way we will ever have a chance at ever getting 'everyone'.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only rule we have is that you are automatically disqualified if you get the "Most Dishonorable" title when the game ends.

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea. If you want to go far, go in a team.

mcbrainlegend
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Im not a fan of many of the rules you guys have written. Laughing

"No ducking, or sliding back and forth, just something we made because it was just dumb to do. "

Hell, now come on, thats hardly cheating, its just to make urself a harder to hit target. Use anything you can to win.

"No attacking an unarmed opponent while armed"

A good player should always be able to sort themselves out when unarmed and under fire imo. Just run as far away and as fast as possible and yourll soon come across a gun and even armor, paticulary if you know the level. If im playing someone who sucks then of course, i wont attack them if theyre unarmed, but against a good player...its their own fault.

"b) No spawn chasing.
c) No camping"

Spawn chasers suck, but im one of them. I dont understand the huge problem though as most spawn points are right next to guns and there is often a chance for the recently spawned player to get a gun just before the attacker finds them. If theres no gun in sight, then fleeing is always a perfectly viable option. Cool

Same applies, I hate it when people camp, it ususally means they are rubbish, but in the end its not like its banned when we play, you just have to take it to the campers and kill them.

"Only rule we have is that you are automatically disqualified if you get the "Most Dishonorable" title when the game ends. "

Haha, good rule actually, although for the last ten years i have frequently got the award. Normally im "Most Frantic"/"Most Deadly" and "Most Dishonourable"

Basically i usually play no auto aim, and -3 health, or licence to kill. From 1998 to 2005, every time i dug out this game with friends we would play the stack, but in the last few years ive played every multi level, even caves and caverns (bleh) as well as hacked ones.

DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: