ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Clipping pains
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyface

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
For fun try redoing clipping connections then stan converting. Or just redo clipping connections and hope your level works. No idea why stan convert is acting up, seems to have worked decently in general lately.

Tried, unfortunately it doesn't work.

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I haven't had any problem with stan convert, its worked flawlessly in every map I've clipped so far.

Could you perhaps upload a .rmf or show some screen captures of your map in Hammer, so I can see how you do.

Right now I belive it's the way the map is compiled as a .bsp. If I could control the triangulation somehow, and make the .obj look more like an actual GE-map, I think it would work better. But it still bothers me that I don't know why it screws up.

Could you tell me what Stan Convert actually do? I have no idea, other than "fixing" my tris.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE requires that all clipping tiles identically line up, no tile is bigger widthwise than the one touching it. Most maps this is not the case, so Stan Convert tries to fix that.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I got some crucial information. Recently I tried compiling the test-map you get in the Hammer tutorial and in the end Stan converter still screws it up, that means that the problem lies with me, no doubt.
Maybe there is a sour file created by me somewhere, that I use in every compiling process, that I need to find and fix. I'll stay in touch, if you have any ideas please tell me.

EDIT

I reinstalled the program and everything works fine now. Oh well. I could use this thread as a log book for this map-pack then.

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to hear that you solved your problems, monkeyface.

I suggest that you start a new thread instead or maybe rehaul the threat from the first post, changing title and leaving the old one as a note inside parenthesis, and the old content UNDER the new one after a line of hypens with a little note at the top explaining what is going on.

Instead of:
Clipping pains, CS MAP PACK

I suggest you make it:
CS MAP PACK (formerly "Clipping pains")

Just an idea if you insist in recycling the thread, but, unless you have a good reason not to do it, I would consider starting anew with a WIP thread.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh phew Smile Guess you were just using an old version of the editor. Great!!

monkeyface

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
Good to hear that you solved your problems, monkeyface.

I suggest that you start a new thread instead or maybe rehaul the threat from the first post, changing title and leaving the old one as a note inside parenthesis, and the old content UNDER the new one after a line of hypens with a little note at the top explaining what is going on.

Instead of:
Clipping pains, CS MAP PACK

I suggest you make it:
CS MAP PACK (formerly "Clipping pains")

Just an idea if you insist in recycling the thread, but, unless you have a good reason not to do it, I would consider starting anew with a WIP thread.

You're right. Creating a new topic right now.

SubDrag wrote:
Oh phew Smile Guess you were just using an old version of the editor. Great!!

Seems like that, still, there are a lot of obstacles to overcome before I can relax, this is a relatively small triumph...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: