ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Halo Combat Evolved Maps to GE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey well the map (or the .obj i have that contains the maps geometry etc) is obviously set to secondary mapping entirely because bullets go through anything, walls floors, etc. the only thing that collides with the floor are rockets, and strangely i was able to set the clipping and object placements with this causing no problem.

what i meant about joining tiles is joining faces. like for example two triangles form a square, each triangle is a separate tile and if you add clipping to it, you have to add for each tile. i was wondering if in 3ds max or somewhere else you could join those two tiles so they become one? though now that i think of it that doesnt make sense since the whole map is made up of triangles that come together.... but anyways what do you suggest i do with it? if you guys want i can let you have a look at it. and how can i make the clipping in 3ds max or something else, dont i do that in the editor?

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well i have stopped production of these for a while but i will recontinue them soon and try to release them all together. it shouldnt be that hard since now clipping is a breeze, but sadly the little touches i wanted to add like being able to go up/down walls or ledges will not be included unless i find a succesful way to implement it.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think we ought to put GoldenEye maps in Halo!

I recently bought Halo for the PC and have been playing it non-stop. I downloaded Halo Custom Edition and played the map Hyrule Field which is a Zelda/Halo remix. Although it remains unfinished with many bugs (they said it was an alpha), it is honestly Zelda multiplayer with Halo's gameplay. There are even character mods that change Master Chief into Link.

Now imagine playing on Halo as GoldenEye characters in a GoldenEye map. I would probably do several weapon mods like they did in Halo/Zelda. Like change the Needler into the Klobb and make the Klobb's bullets follow the target and explode on impact. We could even do melee animations for GoldenEye guns!

This is all just vivid imagination...

Captin.Frosty
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00dark wrote:
I think we ought to put GoldenEye maps in Halo!

Someone ported Library i know that, I don't remember who.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah facility has been ported but modding halo is no easy feat. but hey give it a try it is possible after all

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey guys ive gone a.w.o.l. for a few months, and i guess u can say i've abandoned this project but i felt that i should at least not let my work be in vain, if anyone is interested in how to import these maps let me know and i'll try and explain it so someone with more time can put some effort into it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know there were issues with bullets not contacting the textures in your Halo ports, but it'd still be nice to have whatever maps you'd worked on released. Especially Hang 'Em High, which turned out quite nicely. There must be a way to correct the texture issue. We just haven't figured it out, yet.

Good to see you back on, and I hope to see this get picked back up, even if it is someone else using information supplied by yourself. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And that Mario 64 Castle Grounds level you imported too Wink

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

r.e.l. 237 wrote:
hey guys ive gone a.w.o.l. for a few months, and i guess u can say i've abandoned this project but i felt that i should at least not let my work be in vain, if anyone is interested in how to import these maps let me know and i'll try and explain it so someone with more time can put some effort into it.

* flopperr999 is interested

Shall we do this over PM?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've uploaded the updated version.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm well i'd have to start all over again since all is lost from my old work but given the time i could probably get the foundation needed to improve upon, i'll go ahead and just post the software and methods in this thread so anyone can give it a shot since teamwork is an amazing thing

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey well my latest update is not so good. I still need to split my .obj into rooms so many of the maps if not all will be on hold till I figure this out. I am hoping some will test my method and see what they can come up with. I have 2 new maps in the make though, Chill Out and Prisoner. Chill Out is almost done except for the fact its not split in rooms, but on a good note there is no bullets through walls in this one (Why? I dunno Confused ) but anyways I am hoping to figure out the room split issue soon so I can get these babies out in a map pack replacing all GE levels maybe by the end of october

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: