ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Use HL2 Hammer Editor to create GE Levels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Posting in more than one thread isn't going to make someone magically have another answer for you. The option I described in the other thread should work, if it didn't I don't know what the problem is.

Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does anyone who's familiar with the Hammer Editor wanna do something for me...? Earlier in this thread, someone converted some Goldeneye Levels to a useable format to be importable in the Hammer Editor...

Would anyone be willing to make an Import Pack in a .rar file that contains the useable formats of the levels? I'd like to explore them a little bit in Hammer, but have no idea how to import stuff myself in the correct format as I'm relatively new to this stuff.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BillyGlenn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kastro187420 wrote:

Would anyone be willing to make an Import Pack in a .rar file that contains the useable formats of the levels?

That isn´t easy.
Because its a complicated process and at the moment only a few maps are working.
I haven´t find a better way to convert them so its still very bugy.

Scaramanga
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... I can't get the textures to show up in the Visual Editor. It just comes out as a big grey box... What have I done wrong?

Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the hammer editor? Make sure when you right click on the camera thing, you choose "3d textured" instead of "3d flat", and that might fix the problem.

Billy Glen, do you think you could send me the Complex file then that you already converted? I think it was you anyway. I really don't want them for anything specific, I just think it would be cool to view the levels from a whole other angle rather than just exploring in character.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BillyGlenn
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kastro187420 wrote:

Billy Glen, do you think you could send me the Complex file then that you already converted? I think it was you anyway. I really don't want them for anything specific, I just think it would be cool to view the levels from a whole other angle rather than just exploring in character.

Yeah no problem. But as i said it´s not working very well.
You will also need the modified wad. it´s included

http://rapidshare.com/files/109069506/Complex.rar.html

here are some pics:

Bunker looks like some kind of crap:

textures also dont work for bunker. It generates some little black textures in the whole map. You cant see them but they will crash the editor

Scaramanga
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kastro:
No, In the setup editor. I can't get the textures to import.(Or something like that)

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which one is the null texture? I need to know this because I am creating maps.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Should be around the last 5 or so on the texture list. The texture is a single blue "N"

Jac6
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i know how to use hammer, but this seems like its setup would take forever

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Jac6 i gest you must be a old User here

you sud use DeleD it is so much Better then Hammer and you can Edit your map much better Then Hammer but if you Rily Want to make level out of Hammer go a head just go to Dragonsbrethren Faq and it will help you get Started.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Deled is simple to use, and is pretty much both modeller and level creator.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

loomis67
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: help ? Reply with quote Back to top

when i import my new level into the editor after following the tutotials EXACTLY the level comes out in grey textures. :/ what am i doing wrong Sad ?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you save as project then open project?

loomis67
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhhh Very Happy i done it now, got all the level to show up, clipping done, crashes when i use stan converter though, and doesn't play when i inject into rom. darn!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: