ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Image Editor Improvements! (filter by model, by visual)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Image Editor Improvements! (filter by model, by visual) Reply with quote Back to top

(attn Raz and others, and hopefully Raz can use this to use any head and make the All Bonds finally).

I've made a big improvement to the image editor. You can now filter by object or guard, and then whatever's loaded in the visual window it can also filter by. This makes finding your texture much, much easier.

On another related note, images can now be *larger* or smaller than the original size, and it shifts around the ROM to compensate.

If you didn't realize, you can also edit the sound an image makes when shot by right clicking on it and choosing hit type.

It's not perfect yet, I'm not sure if transparency is retained (we're still going on that, related to models), but it's a good start.

Grab installer from http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=37

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that is awsome
i needed that badly

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and be sure you realize images are generally reused often. So your modifications might affect more than one thing.

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i already knew that one

but
if you know what your doing it can blend and the user wont notice

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Image Editor Improvements! (filter by model, by visual) Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
On another related note, images can now be *larger* or smaller than the original size, and it shifts around the ROM to compensate.

Sweet. I remember playing around a bit with the image editor just before releasing the Library Mission but the size issues made it nearly impossible for me to make any modifications.

lainlives
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thats pretty neat subdrag

Raz
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good work! This made it a hell of a lot easier and less frustrating. I think this is as good as it's gonna get:

One question: were you saying that with the last All Bonds code the standard Brosnan tux was being loaded in serveral times, with different textures? If so does that mean it is possible to load in the same head again and again but with different textures? See, there's only really a few heads that use a big enough face to be suitable for doing this (seeing as the extra Bond faces are all very detailed)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, we can load a head a few times, by copying the file in the ROM from one head location to another. Unless it's attached to the model, which it may very well be though, since it was Trevelyan.

I lke the Connery here, but it doesn't feel perfect. Somehow his face feels too fat or something.

Raz
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aye, there's not really a lot that can be done with that. It's Connery's textures on Dr Doak's fat head (with Brosnan's blue suit as the body). The only heads (not attached to a model) that use a face texture anywhere near as detailed are Karl, Dr Doak, Ken Lobb, and the tuxedo Brosnan. Connery looked terrible on Karl and Ken Lobb (although Lobb might be good for Dalton/Moore), and the Brosnan heads have a pure black 1x1 texture on the back of the head, which would be incongruous with the dark brown colouring of Connery's hair (might suit Dalton though).

Although I've only just thought that I didn't try replacing the 1x1 texture with a larger hair texture, would that work with the latest update?

Raz
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it's possible to get spectacular results with this method, though. Altering a texture to fit a head designed for a different texture (and most of the interchangable soldier heads are very crude and low-polygon) was never going to look that great. Now if you add in some new head models, on the other hand...

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heads can be severed from bodies as well, but it takes a little hacking to do it. Rom only, naturally. -Not to say you can't upload a head, but it gets tedious fixing all the addresses every upload...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, we'll think about it. I appreciate your efforts though, they are as close as anybody's come by far until now.

Raz
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's the news with this? As I understand it there are some All Bonds patches made since, but that do not use the original textures. Should I carry on trying to make these fit or would it be a waste of time? And any news on importing new head models?

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! This is the best Connery has looked so far using the original image! I'm impressed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: