ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Who else finds the DISARM to be TERRIBLY ANNOYING?!?!????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Simulants having an seemingly unfair advantage of disarming you
annoys you
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
does not annoy you
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

kwakkles
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Who else finds the DISARM to be TERRIBLY ANNOYING?!?!???? Reply with quote Back to top

Rareware thought of many options to be included on the Combat Simulator menu for the player to pick and choose, when designing this superb first person shooter Nintendo 64 game.

Of all those bright ideas the team had and then implemented in the Combat Simulator for what they thought would be *max customizability,* one idea that they didn't think of was being able to have an Off/On options regarding you and the simulants using the ability of "Disarm." Simulants Disarm you from distances human players can't reach - it's an annoying habit of theirs, but if you get as close as you would to a human player, you'll likely find yourself blurred and disarmed.

Do not misinterpret my complaint - I am stating only that I sooo wished that there was an option.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's ok, I just want the freaking dizziness gone.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It drives me so nuts I removed the woozy from the attack. I removed it from most of them, actually.

The nastiest thing is when they kill you with woozy and knives. Nothing like being poinsoned and unable to see when you respawn...

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the reason it doesn't annoy me is just cus i use disarm a lot, don't ask why.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's strange that with all the customization options they had they never bothered to make one to disable to blurriness after getting hit. That's the only thing I don't like about disarm, losing your weapon can be annoying but not being able to see to retaliate afterwards is just cruel. I can understand the tranquilizer and crossbow adding blurriness, nothing else makes sense to me. Consider that you can get shot by an assault rifle repeatedly and it has no negative affect on anything except your health.

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the disarm, it makes Joanna very dangerous at close combat, just running and disarming, it makes me feel pro.

And what comes to blurriness, there are gameshark codes, so who cares?

CODE TO TURN OFF BLURRINESS FROM THE UNARMED COMBAT (both punch and disarm) AND PISTOL WHIPS (falcon2, DY357 and so on)

8006B2D6 00A0
8006B322 00A4
8006B6C6 00A0
8006BCEE 00A0

CODE TO TURN OFF BLURRINESS FORM WEAPONS (crossbow, n-bomb, psychosis gun, tranquilizer and so on)

8006E236 0020
8006E3E6 0000
8006DEEA 0024
8006DF0E 0024
8006E4F2 0000

Rolling Eyes

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you can use codes, but it should have been an in-game option considering how many other things they had. Never mind the fact that we can't use codes when we play online.

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, you're right it should have been an option, but hey... there isn't any games, that have all the options you want. Like in GE... where is the "no bodyarmors"?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wrote that no body armor code ages ago (Dr. No!), and incidentally it goes right into the cheat menu. It's even linked on the front page:
goldeneyeforever.com

I wouldn't even mind it so much if they cleared the tags at respawn. I mean, I'd just assume once my poor dead corpse fades to dust I wouldn't be poisoned or loopy any longer...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'd think so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: