ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

steps how to play GE on pc?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldeneyematt
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: steps how to play GE on pc? Reply with quote Back to top

hi all sorry if its been mentioned somewhere else but couldnt see.

what steps do i need to do to play GE on my pc?

im so tepmted to get an old n64 console and play it like old times.

matty

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Best thing is to use the "search" function, but...

1. Get a PC, the best is to use Windows XP.
2. Get an emulator and configure it
3. Get an N64 game rom (don't ask it here, if you don't got it already, just use Google or something)
4. Play the N64 games

Emulator:
There are few good N64 emulators around, here are the TOP 3 (my opinion):

- I think the most popular is the PJ64 (Project64), the newest FREE version is 1.6 (I got 1.7, and if you want it too, just visit their homepage, it cost you a few bucks).

- There is also the Mupen64k, it is best emulator to play N64 games in internet, but little slower, and simpler than the PJ64 (my opinion, no hard feeling anyone)

- And there is also the 1964-emulator. It is also a good choice, I use it sometimes.

After you got the N64 ROM, and the emulator, you need to select your plugins, there are mainly 3 types of plugins: VIDEO (to set your graphics), SOUND (to set your sound input) and INPUT (to set up your controller).

There are hundreds of different plugins, some video plugins can do some things that others don't, but can be more harsh for your computer to run the game good, some input plugins can give you more options to use your controllers (mainly more macros and such), and some can even give you option to use your mouse and keyboard at once. Sound plugins also differ, some can give you better quality for some games, and other can let you record the sounds.

Check out the forums for the plugin download links, also you get quite good plugins with the PJ64 download (1.6 version), like Jabo's video plugin, what is quite good for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

gri007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

goldeneyeonline.com

get your goldeneye rom ---- as said above dont ask here go google it or somethin.

DO not and i cant stress enough DO NOT use pj64k for goldeneye it wont work so ill save u some time......use mupen64k.

for other games mostly ssb use pj64k

be sure to get all the new goldeneye roms either from goldeneyeonline.com or goldeneyevault.com

hope this helps u out and whenever u feel like playin hit me up im usually on emularagrounds or daroms server

peace out gri007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: