ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Hammer editor level: The Tower

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Hammer editor level: The Tower Reply with quote Back to top

yet another one.
sorry my vids won't upload anymore on youtube for some resaon.
i'm going to remake my tower because it was a failure.

Last edited by DK25 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:54 am; edited 3 times in total

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

could you post some pictures?

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll answer your question here....have you compiled (ran) it yet in hammer editor?

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Goldeneye Hammer Editor Security Tower Reply with quote Back to top

here is the new link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ndlayjt3zzl
here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr1NaYlLkSc&feature=PlayList&p=ED3C3B0C5460A08B&index=4
Someone Please add clipping to this in the GEeditor and send it to me.
sorry for the laziness. Embarassed

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that thing is HUGE! So big, its too big that I'm getting some compiling errors.

You're gonna have to shrink the objects that are at the outer edge of the grid to get them all within 4096 units from the center.

Even then, I really don't know if this will load in-game or not as one huge room.

Aside from that, it actually looks pretty good.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow that looks like a cool level. I think all the new levels need to be imported as multi-room.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that is really cool. Looks like it should be fairly easy to divide into rooms, here's the technique I've been using on the hammer map I was working on before I decided to take a break from the game:

1. Find an area you want to divide into a room, in this case you'd probably want to isolate a single floor.

2. Make a new block with the null texture, use it to fill in any entrances to that room.

3. Place a start point inside it, make sure you don't have any other start points in the map, and save it as a new map, say room01.rmf.

4. Compile, view it in Crafty. If everything went right you should end up with just that one room.

5. Delete the start point and repeat this for every other room. Remember that the null texture block occupies space so you'll want to move it into the area you just compiled before making your next room.

I find this to be far easier than the way I was doing this before (Deleting everything that wasn't in the room I was compiling). I leave the null blocks in my main map file above the ceiling and just move them down into place when I'm ready to compile.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's a great idea for compiling. I just tried it and its much easier than the method I was using (creating each room in a separate map file). It literally is just a matter of moving your null blocks and start point entity.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow!! I'm very impressed with this level! My only suggestion would be to extend the mountains from the building just a bit. They're too close, and I think that should be a bit more open. Then again, this is your level, and this is only a suggestion! Very Happy

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool level, but I have to agree with flopperr. If you make it wider you could put more objects in, like extra weapon sets for multi. The central tower is awesome though!

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In the Top-left picture, the highlighted sections are the parts where i think you should widen, to allow more combat space there. In top-right, highlighted is where i think you should add entrances. In lower-left, highlighted is where i think another entrance should go, and then i (lazily) drew in a crude support column, just to break up any combat that might happen there. In lower-right, I was demonstrating the fact that you can apply decals (7th tool from the top of the tools) of numbers, just to clear up any confusion there might be with what floor a player is on. Remember, once again, these are only suggestions! This is how I feel this level could be edited to its maximum potential!! Wink

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

here is my finished version

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uoDP0S8FSAc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: